Discussion: Fate Of The Iran Nuclear Deal Could Rest With Chuck Schumer

Discussion for article #235063

If this back-stabbing cocksucker Schumer and other backstabbing Dems actively work to block the agreement with Iran, the DNC will never get another nickel from me. I’ll also contribute money to whoever Schumer’s next political opponent will be, even if he’s a Republican.

28 Likes

i’ve already decided that the dems aren’t getting a penny from me until they stop using my money to buy bullets to shoot themselves in the dick with.

i’m also so sick of israel dictating every goddam thing US politicians do that i could scream. maybe represent MY interests for once, over the interests of a foreign government that has recently done nothing but try to undermine the US government.

17 Likes

Cock this up, Chuck, and New York will be looking for another Senator.

6 Likes

"THE TEMPTATIONS LYRICS

“Smiling Faces Sometimes”

Smiling faces sometimes pretend to be your friend

Smiling faces show no traces of the evil that lurks within

Smiling faces, smiling faces sometimes

They don’t tell the truth uh

Smiling faces, smiling faces

Tell lies and I got proof

The truth is in the eyes

Cause the eyes don’t lie, amen

Remember a smile is just

A frown turned upside down

My friend let me tell you

They don’t tell the truth, uh

Beware, beware of the handshake

That hides the snake

I’m telling you beware

Beware of the pat on the back

It just might hold you back

Jealousy (jealousy)

Misery (misery)

Envy I tell you, you can’t see behind smiling faces

Smiling faces sometimes they don’t tell the truth

They don’t tell the truth

(Smiling faces, smiling faces sometimes)

(Smiling faces, smiling faces sometimes)

I’m telling you beware, beware of the handshake

That hides the snake

Listen to me now, beware

Beware of that pat on the back

It just might hold you back

They don’t tell the truth

Your enemy won’t do you no harm

Cause you’ll know where he’s coming from

Don’t let the handshake and the smile fool ya

Take my advice I’m only try’ to school ya"

3 Likes

“Fuck Chuck.” Hey, it might be vulgar, but it’d fit nicely on a bumper sticker.

Hey, Democratic Senators: if you crown this warmongering Wall Street fellating sonofabitch as your leader, you can kiss my ass in 2016. It’s really just that simple. He’s not “entitled” to the position.

9 Likes

Might I suggest that beside railing against him here that you also drop Chuckie a note telling him to stand with the President on Iran. He accepts emails from folks not from NY. However if you are from NY it is even more important to contact him he needs to know his job is at risk.

8 Likes

I am a Virginian, and I am very concerned and quite angry that Sen. Tim Kaine has cosponsored this bill.

Chuck Schumer, if you do anything to scuttle this international agreement, I promise I will never donate any of my scarce dollars or time to supporting you (or Kaine) and the Democratic Senatorial Committee. I am extremely concerned that Netanyahu has so much sway in American politics! I support Israel but not Mr. Netanyahu interfering in our nation.

You senators are Americans – not Israelis or lapdogs for Netanyahu, so please stop carrying water for warmongers!!

9 Likes

Everybody needs to take a deep breath. This isn’t a bilateral deal between the US and Iran, but a deal between Iran and the 5 + 1 powers. Suppose Congress nixed the deal, what would be the practical effect? The sanctions would still be lifted by the 5 other countries, and Iran would sell their oil to Europe and China, bank the profits in Europe and buy what they need wherever. The deal would still hold unless the Iranians were dumb enough to back out of it, which would be their problem. There is little chance that a rejection by Congress would sway the other 5 countries, since they see the deal as in their interests.

It’s a done deal and everyone knows it, including the folks in Congress.

5 Likes

??? The practical effect is that Netanyahoo would take Congress’s action as a green light to attack Iran, and Iran would take it as a green light to say “fuck you” to the notion that they should restrain any efforts to build nuclear weapons.

3 Likes

I realize that, but it is also a matter of principal and the optics of it suck.

3 Likes

Many Republicans are unhappy with the framework for an agreement to cut off Iran’s paths to a bomb

The Republicans are NOT unhappy about the framework for an agreement. They’re unhappy that the president who would get credit for an agreement is Barack Obama. Schumer knows very well that if the Democrats vote for the Corker bill, the Republican majorities in the Senate and House will then vote in lockstep to disapprove the agreement no matter what’s in it. But they’re going to have a lot more trouble getting to the 2/3 majority to override Obama’s veto, because a lot of Democrats who may vote for oversight are not going to vote with the Republicans’ attempt to torpedo the deal.

9 Likes

Yes, but that is precisely why it is so disgusting to see American Senators falling over themselves to do Netanyahu’s bidding. I can understand the Republicans since it is their stated goal to make the United States fail as long as Obama is running it and Netanyahu makes a great ally for them, But the Democrats are disgusting in a different way from the Republicans. They can’t really change it; all they can do is make the US look bad. I don’t see what political advantage they find in this.

9 Likes

Israel doesn’t need a “green light” to attack Iran. They took out Iraq’s reactor in 1981 despite US opposition (the US was backing Iraq in the war against Iran). The fact is that Israel does not have the ability to do much against Iran, which has sites buried deep underground and scattered throughout a very large country that is much further from Israel than Iraq or Syria. As for Iran, I’m not sure they would necessarily withdraw if the US withdrew alone.

It’s possible they are trying to play “bad cop” and make sure that the final deal, which has yet to be written, is as strong as possible. It’s possible that the White House knows that. I would advise not to take every statement made in public while negotiations are going on at face value.

1 Like

Bi Bi’s lap dog he cares more about Israel than his own country

5 Likes

One would have to ask: If the Republicans and Democrats in the Senate want to scuttle the agreement to put IAEA inspectors on the ground in Iran and have Iran give up 2/3 of there Uranium and agree not to enrich to weapons grade, What do they want? The obvious answer is there’s a plurality of congressmen who want war with Iran. It isn’t that diplomacy doesn’t work . Its the fact that some want war over everything else. There needs to be a financial investigation into the holdings of the ones who want to bomb Iran. Could they benefit financially from it? Could BiBi?

5 Likes

Now you’re arguing against yourself. If “it’s a done deal and they know it”, how are they going to make it any stronger? All they can do is scuttle the US’s participation.

I would advise not to take every statement made in public while negotiations are going on at face value.

I very seldom take anything any politician says at face value.

1 Like

Bingo! Start with a man named Sheldon Adelson.

Two things of note: Schumer will do Israel’s bidding, make no mistake. Republicans just want to kill this bill, they don’t want to review it, they want to kill it. Period.

3 Likes