Discussion: Facebook Co-Founder To Donate $20 Million To Help Defeat Trump

With the obvious exception of Vladimir Putin, the Brotherhood of Billionaires seems to be shunning HO.

2 Likes

way to go dustin. and you are correct. it has been a con from the start. trump doesn’t give a shit about anyone but himself.

10 Likes

As valuable as this contribution will be, I’ll still give the Silicon Valley MVP to Jeff Bezos of Amazon for the bangup job the Washington Post has done on Trump, especially David Farenthold.

I prefer muckraking at its finest to the giving of silly money, even when it’s for my team.

5 Likes

Trump is Bernie Madoff - but without the financial acumen and with a triple helping of bad taste.

8 Likes

The letter posted on Medium by Markowitz (sp?) is so worth a read. In it, he says he and wife are pretty non-political, which is most of silicon valley- but it was the outrage via Trump that made them donate. Like I said, it is a great read.

3 Likes

Get this guy lined up for interviews with the business media.

2 Likes

Good for them. My grandmother learned the hard way that you cannot remain unpolitical in the face of the onset of fascism. She lived through WW2 in Germany and survived the bombing of Dresden. She never missed an election afterwards and instilled in me a sense of responsibility to always get out and vote for a democratic party (small D). With Tump the Republicans no longer deserve to be considered such a party.

8 Likes

I know it’s bad to make fun of names but given his wife’s name, I really hope he has a brother-in-law named Charlie.

1 Like

he’s maddoff without ethics.

2 Likes

… and without taste, or class.

1 Like

Moskovitz hits the nail right on the head. I couldn’t agree more, with the exception of some recommended edits.

1 Like

While we are at it, can we hope that his wife’s middle initial is A?

and his wife, Cari Tuna

2 Likes

We have to overturn “Citizens United” which green lighted this garbage. It doesn’t matter what side you’re on; one person cannot be allowed undue influence. This is not
equality as stated by our constitution; it’s legal bribery.

1 Like

Yes, but I also like the fact that a chunk of this donation will go to GOTV efforts; that’s the least we can do while CU remains in place.

1 Like

*Note to self: develop highly profitable social media site, then, purchase politics of choice.

**P.S. to self: first learn to use social media!

1 Like

Not enough, isn’t this guy a billionaire? Try 100 million.

My point is that where the money goes doesn’t matter; it’s still one individual influencing events more than others.

I agree that money has too much influence in politics. But until we overturn CU, it’s nice to see some supporters of ours get into the game.

2 Likes

I believe the guy who was responsible for the Citizens United decision (who, along with the usual gang of Hitler Youth put together a film called Hilary: The Movie, and insisted it was his right to show it whenever he wanted) had spent a lifetime trying to dig up dirt on the Clinton’s.

Oddly, enough he is HO’s new deputy campaign manager.

Maybe someday, Billionaires won’t have to give large sums to battle political evil, but can use it to cure cancer. One can hope anyway.

1 Like