Discussion: ESPN Fires Curt Schilling Amid Dustup Over Anti-Transgender Memes

Nor would they have been if they’d ever hooked up in the first place…

Couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy.

3 Likes

LLLMAO Darryl Strawberry is also an acceptable answer, and I think John Rocker should somehow be part of this conversation too.

6 Likes

I’d like to add you to my professional network on LinkedIn

Fucking Idiot pulls Fucking Idiot stunt, is shocked at being treated like Fucking Idiot.

Film at 11.

16 Likes

I went with Gooden just because he’s also a pitcher.

1 Like

Clearly, that was his third strike, they didn’t fire him, he’s just out.

He was hoping for a walk or a balk, instead he got the “you’re outta here” shock!

2 Likes

“just dying to be offended.”

yessireebob

3 Likes

Turns out that being a simple-minded bigot and an asshole has consequences. At least he can always go back to his lucrative days as a video game developer.

4 Likes

Great pitcher.
Stupid man.

jw1

3 Likes

I was gonna’ toss out Straw till I saw this-- but had forgotten almost completely about Rocker.

jw1

1 Like

Another blown save? :blush:

3 Likes

Yeah, just when his kids thought college was going to be possible again.
(Ironic isn’t it? It’s usually the kids screwing up their chance at higher education with video games.)

jw1

1 Like

ESPN Fires Bigot Over Hateful Statement. Where is the “dustup?” It’s simply used as a term to minimize the bigotry here. Perhaps that’s inadvertent but why is “dustup” in the headline? He didn’t make bigoted statements and then get into some further argument in which Schilling made things worse.

1 Like

A pat on the back for ESPN. Sometimes the big heartless corporation gets it right.

1 Like

Well, it was to be expected. After all, as the article points out he’s gotten away with idiot stunts before with little more than a light tap on the wrist.

2 Likes

In fairness, my current job does require me to more or less keep several opinions to myself. But it doesn’t tempt me with nearly as big a microphone as what Schilling just threw away. Given an audience like that, I don’t know that I’d be able to resist calling Republicans the filthiest bunch of degenerates and panty sniffers who ever walked the earth.

2 Likes

ESPN already gave you a gift – you can tweet without the disclaimers now. What is more precious than liberty?

3 Likes

But only if the procreation is the point, not a side effect.

1 Like

It’s been long enough that it took me a moment to get that…

1 Like