Discussion: Eric Trump: Waterboarding 'No Different' From What Happens In 'Frat Houses'

Discussion for article #245739

A chip off the old dung heap.

24 Likes

“You see these terrorists that are flying planes into buildings, right? You see our cities getting shot up in California. You see Paris getting shot up,” Eric Trump responded. “And then somebody complains when a terrorist gets waterboarded, which quite frankly is no different than what happens on college campuses and frat houses every day.”

I cannot speak for what might or might not go on in frat houses across America, but as an American citizen I will say this: In a true civilized society, we–our government–do not stoop to the terrorists’ level(s). We have a wonderful justice system–it may not be perfect, but it’s one of the best in the world. We also have the greatest in the world armed services. In our civilized society, we seek justice–not revenge.

22 Likes

I love it when ignorant people try to speak from ‘personal experience’…

in case you don’t know it… hazing is illegal… and it might be considered a felony if a frat is doing something like ‘waterboarding’…

you know what that means, right? NO GUNS FOR YOU!!!

28 Likes

His brother claims he can’t have an opinion as a son of a billionaire. This one proves why no Drumpf can be listened to.

15 Likes

Way to step up and confirm your brother’s lament that a son of a billionaire can’t even have an opinion.

5 Likes

Give him a brew, strap him down and lets see.

17 Likes

The asshole didn’t fall far from the asshole tree?

8 Likes

The whole family is just chock full of Einsteins!

9 Likes

Just keep talking… please just keep talking.

2 Likes

Nor should we stoop to frat house level.

7 Likes

Sneer all you want, guys. Don’t think for a minute that this line wasn’t carefully, if hastily, focus-grouped and put out because it provides plausible-sounding whitewash to the country-clubbers and, ultimately, the “independent” voters who don’t pay attention but still insist on voting.

3 Likes

If its so effective and presumable legal, why not allow use it on American citizens as well? I wonder when will media ask this.

1 Like

Hazzing is also looked at as a crime and is not allowed. Also it is apples and oranges. A given stupid act by two college student, potentially has some form of consent on both sides. Not so much with hazzing but people doing stupid things. Torture is one side doing things to the other that one side has no control over at all.

The conservative movement is fine throwing out treaties and whatever but yells that Obama is lawless?

5 Likes

Well, his Dad thinks that going to boarding school was the same as serving in the military, so what do you expect?

16 Likes

The acorn didn’t fall very far from that tree.

1 Like

Whoa, dude! Beer-boarding!

4 Likes

Whenever someone says “quite frankly” it makes me laugh. It’s a bullshit insert that tends to mean they don’t really believe what they are saying.

Eric Trump who has extensive experience in the military is an expert on waterboarding. I doubt he would last 5 seconds being waterboarded before he’d cry for his mommy.

Why do these candidates trot out their privileged children as experts on anything substantive when very few (if any in this election) have any real world experience that relates to regular peoples’ lives? How many of them truly know one middle class person? And not the housekeeper.

6 Likes

This little snot has a lucrative career ahead of him: playing obnoxious, rich preppies suspected of murder on “Law & Order.”

6 Likes

Church basements hosting bingo games are breeding grounds for terrorists. Wake up, people!!!