Discussion: Embattled Trump Inaugural Committee Failed To Disclose Key Finances To IRS

Well, we’ll CERTAINLY return to it after the next DEMOCRAT is elected President, rest assured!

2 Likes

I’m assuming that the photo was originally issued by the administration. Just yesterday I read a piece on Axios(if memory serves) that demonstrated the administration has modified images to make Trump appear more slim and - and I’m not kidding - with larger hands.

7 Likes

Pretty impressive journalism, Josh Kovensky and TPM!

Incompetence or malfeasance: why not both?

2 Likes

Yea I read that too, elsewhere, not on Axios.

“I can’t think of a legitimate reason why one would not do that,” Marcus Owens, an attorney at Loeb & Loeb who served as director of the IRS’s exempt organizations division for 10 years, told TPM.

Nothing Trump does is legitimate.

1 Like

Malfeasance Or Ineptitude?

There is a third option: Not giving a fuck because the rules don’t apply to us and nobody will hold us accountable…

Arizona once had a governor Evan Mecham, a loud-mouth incompetent, racist, stupid weasel very similar to Trump. His own Republican party finally impeached him when they could no longer stand the embarrassment. The charge: He lent $8,000 from his inaugural committee to his Pontiac dealership. Maybe Trump can go out the same way.

Malfeasance, of course.

It’s how Donald makes money. He lies, cheats, and steals.

If the Drumpf IC hire a lawyer or account versed in these matters the forms would have been properly completed. But then how can you get your grift on?

1 Like

That reminds me of the time Bo Pilgrim (Pilgrim’s Pride) was on the Texas Senate floor handing out $10,000 checks while they debated a bill to gut worker’s comp which he supported.

2 Likes

Or it could be sloppy reporting for the purpose of concealing transgressions.

1 Like

It is clear that some legal attention needs to be paid to so many ‘precedents’ without oversight. Granted we have never elected such crook and liar before. However, we have had 200 plus years and the history of the current pResident to know it wax coming…

Another example of the rethug dotard cesspool…Shut them down.

The insane amount of slight of hand and chicanery associated with this fetid administration is extraordinary but Trump wishes that this was the worst thing he was facing.

1 Like

So I’m not an CPA, but I do handle large sums of money for my clients. That leaves me stunned that any organization could raise and deposit over $100,000,000 and not show some interest on those funds? More of Trump’s shrewd business acumen revealing itself?

3 Likes

How about malicious, egregious, embittered criminal malfeasance with prejudice.

"Incompetence or malfeasance: why not both?"

It was the best of crimes, it was the worst of crimes.

3 Likes

Simple question, where are the legal and financial reprisals for bribery and malfeasance…asking for a country…

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available