Discussion: Eddie Murphy Tells His First Joke On Stage In 28 Years And It's About Cosby (VIDEO)

Discussion for article #241900

It’s good to see him get something like this. He has the highest talent to award ratio in show business. I still think he should have a best actor Oscar for The Nutty Professor.

2 Likes

“There’s nothing funny about it. If you get up there and you crack
jokes about him, you’re just hurting people. You’re hurting him. You’re
hurting his accusers."

Funny stuff! ROFL!

Oh, wait. Sorry, I got confused between his humanity and his hilarity.

Yea kind of mixed signals to say the least.

And wow he hasn’t been in stage in 28 years! Damn I’m old.

1 Like

I thought Dr. Doolittle was quite enjoyable. At least one writer commented at the time that he did family guy Cosby better than Cosby ever did. The Distinguished Gentleman was good, too.

Remember, August 16th is Pluto Nash Day.
Try not to spit up your coffee.

For me he will always be Axel Foley in “Beverly Hills Cop”

1 Like

I’m sure that there was a time that EM respected and possibly even idolized Bill Cosby. I know I never saw the revelations coming about Cosby.

Bill Cosby did a lot of damage, first and foremost to the women that he targeted but also to blacks in general but especially black comedians.
The fact that Eddie Murphy chose him as his opening joke sort of proves that it is a pent up issue that I think black comedians would like to vent and get beyond.

1 Like

He was a Pryor guy. Early in his stand-up “Delirious” he tells a joke about how Cosby told him to stop cussing (stop all the filth flarn flarn filth). And Pryor told Eddie to tell Bill to shut the ef up. :smile:

The “Kennedy Center in New York?”