Discussion: Doug Jones: 'I Think We Need To Move On' From Trump Misconduct Allegations

Sigh… are you guys serious here? Yes, obviously I’m suggesting that giving Trump a pass will magically fund CHIP.

I mean, it’s not as though I was suggesting that Doug Jones campaigned on things like CHIP and intentionally avoided issues like Trump’s past in order to keep his barely-existing electoral coalition together in Alabama, right?

No, what I actually meant is the inane point that you find it easier to argue against.

Helpful tip for you guys: If you can’t win an argument with reason and logic, try to avoid this manufactured outrage technique. It’s very… Fox News of you.

Solution - elect more women. Elect more women of color.

First, you’d better make an appointment for yourself.

I’m OK with that but I do like him pointing out the hypocrisy of it all.

But what it comes down to is this: If EVIDENCE warrants Impeachment, where does this schmuck come down? Is he going to forget his oath of office and the oath he’ll take as a Senator to judge evidence Impartially in a Senate Trial and say “Move on” to that as well?
I think the conscience of this man has now been called into question out of his own mouth.
He is a DINO and ought to have the guts to change parties after he’s sworn in, just like the other Nudnik from Alabama.

I agree completely, keep the heat on him from every direction and I’d love to see his accusers get justice. I’m just pointing out he will never resign over being an abusive asshole to women. Something else maybe, but not that. Though, I’d love to see that too, it just won’t happen.

IANAL, but, is it still considered an “allegation” if the perp admits his guilt?

TPM, what’s up with the comments section on the newer articles?

1 Like

you think this man has a conscience?

This guy is dead tired from the campaign and ought to have slept for a week before talking to the press. He mis-spoke in a way that reads like a tell but he was probably just trying to tell Alabama that he was not going to re-hash the election and woukd try to get things working for them.

As long as he caucuses with us, we are ahead. And consider the alternative.

Maybe this guy has something in his past if he is now saying he supports a sexual predator. Jones now needs to be investigated.

Nope. All ammo, all the time, 24/7.

“The proof of the pudding is in the eating”

Will be interesting to see senator Doug Jones’ voting record in 6 month or so…

Actually, a “sensible liberal” named Hillary Clinton lost to a madman. A relatively “pure” progressive named Bernie Sanders would have won. Time to stop the fiction that moderation during these troubled times is a winning strategy.

There are two meanings for the word decent. I meant the alternative to what you thought. But to address your general point: I can respect differing opinions on policy issues, but this statement by Jones is about whether we should care about sexual assault -it’s not about policy, it’s about decency. Is your Senator Merkley dismissive of sexual assault? No, of course not. The descent people of Oregon would not put up with that. By his statement Jones is dismissive of sexual assault, and the people of Alabama are totally good with that. When Jones says that we should move one from these attacks on women he ends up normalizing the destructive assault on the body politic that is Donald Trump. Normalization of Trump is something we should never stand for.

1 Like

Once trump is sentenced and in permanent custody of the justice system, I agree, we can move on

1 Like

Do keep in mind, that Donald Trump is POTUS because HRC was just not quite good enough for several million people who didn’t show up at the polls.

I think you neglected to mention the terrorism, too.

Jones just stole a US Senate seat from the GOP, 12 months before an election cycle that Ds have a huge disadvantage in, vis-a-vis the Senate.

Just want to know if you are thinking of Trump or thinking of Putin?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available