Discussion: Don't Hold Your Breath: Kissinger Says He's Not Endorsing A 2016 Candidate

1 Like

No great loss, he talks like a furriner, and this is Murika…

3 Likes

He’s been so discredited, I’m almost surprised anyone would care who he endorses.

10 Likes

Probably better for Hillary if he stays away…

13 Likes

Stephen Colbert’s one mistake: The monstrous Henry Kissinger shouldn’t get to laugh his sins away

Henry Kissinger is not a cute pop-culture prop. He’s got more blood on his hands than perhaps any other American

16 Likes

Fuck Henry Kissinger:

Nixon’s sabotage of the Vietnam peace talks was confirmed by transcripts of FBI wiretaps. On November 2, 1968, LBJ received an FBI report saying Chernnault told the South Vietnamese ambassador that "she had received a message from her boss: saying the Vietnamese should “hold on, we are gonna win.”

As Will confirms, Vietnamese did “hold on,” the war proceeded and Nixon did win, changing forever the face of American politics----with the shadow of treason permanently embedded in its DNA.

The treason came in 1968 as the Vietnam War reached a critical turning point. President Lyndon Johnson was desperate for a truce between North and South Vietnam.

LBJ had an ulterior motive: his Vice President, Hubert Humphrey, was in a tight presidential race against Richard Nixon. With demonstrators in the streets, Humphrey desperately needed a cease-fire to get him into the White House.

Johnson had it all but wrapped it. With a combination of gentle and iron-fisted persuasion, he forced the leaders of South Vietnam into an all-but-final agreement with the North. A cease-fire was imminent, and Humphrey’s election seemed assured.

But at the last minute, the South Vietnamese pulled out. LBJ suspected Nixon had intervened to stop them from signing a peace treaty.

In the Price of Power (1983), Seymour Hersh revealed Henry Kissinger—then Johnson’s advisor on Vietnam peace talks—secretly alerted Nixon’s staff that a truce was imminent.

According to Hersh, Nixon “was able to get a series of messages to the Thieu government [of South Vietnam] making it clear that a Nixon presidency would have different views on peace negotiations.”

Johnson was livid. He even called the Republican Senate Minority Leader, Everett Dirksen, to complain that “they oughtn’t be doing this. This is treason.”

“I know,” was Dirksen’s feeble reply.

24 Likes

Now I will not know who to vote for.

4 Likes

Good. I don’t know why you would want the endorsement of a war criminal.

6 Likes

1 Like

Who cares what this jack off has to say.

I thought this old war whore was dead.

4 Likes

The best description of Henry Kissinger came from the sorely-missed Christopher Hitchens: “A reeking piece of ordure.”

4 Likes

Well you might want to hold your breath if you’re in the same room as Kissinger.

3 Likes

I was going to make a joke, but this guy has on his hands the blood of tens of thousands of American servicemen, and God knows how many civilians. It is one of the unfair ironies of life that he is still doddering around, ejaculating irrelevant opinions about politics, while America’s best and brightest died in the mud of Southeast Asia due to his treachery.

8 Likes

You mean Kissinger isn’t going to endorse Hillary? Whew!

6 Likes

This war criminal makes me wish I believed in Hell.

6 Likes

This is good news for Hillary.

3 Likes

Overheard at Kissinger’s private club: “You’re a pretty scary, repugnant would be power hungry despot Mr. Trump, but you’re certainly no Augusto Pinochet. And that Corey Landowski guy? Really? Is manhandling female reporters the number one campaign henchmen’s MO now? Nixon would be embarrassed by that guy- our guys were breaking into hotels and getting the goods on people illegally, no time for playing Justin Beiber body man.”

5 Likes

That old goat is still alive!??!

1 Like
former Labor Secretary George Schultz

Schultz Shultz

2 Likes

Oh to feel love’s sharp sting…

Kissinger as Narcissus, Edward Sorel

3 Likes