Discussion: DHS' Kelly, Changing Course: Marijuana Is 'A Potentially Dangerous Gateway Drug'

Near beer! Almost ALWAYS leads to beer!

2 Likes

It’s not the weed that gets you in the end. It is that one final moment with a case of Doritos and a gallon of bean dip. You never come back from something like that man… You spend the rest of your life walking by the convenience store and getting that thousand yard stare and a trembling in your fingers.

4 Likes

Ah yes. Changing course from reality to la-la-land.

2 Likes

:laughing:

*Close to 20,000 Massachusetts criminal drug cases are set to be dismissed because of a scandal involving a former state chemist who admitted faking tests, civil liberties activists and prosecutors said on Tuesday.

It will mean the largest number of drug cases tossed out in U.S. history due to one person, according to the American Civil Liberties Union. Rogue chemist Annie Dookhan pleaded guilty in 2013 to tampering with evidence during her nine years working at a state crime lab in Boston. The scandal shook the foundation of the state’s criminal justice system.

2 Likes

These guys just hate how the current generation can enjoy what they themselves were denied during past drug scares. If you want to hit drug addiction, start looking into all the opioid abuse going on and the spread of HIV because of it.

2 Likes

God yes. It’s a terrible problem.

1 Like

It’s a gateway to seizing assets and filling private prisons with nonviolent offenders.

2 Likes

No, no. no…
I worked in the Silicon Valley all my life and some of the brightest minds there use cannabis in moderation and responsibly.
Gateway drug??? - That is not what science nor the evidence shows in states that have made medical or legal cannabis available to their citizens.
There are vested interests who make a mountain of money keeping cannabis prohibition in place - private prisons and local law enforcements organizations get mountains from the feds keeping cannabis illegal. Pharmaceutical companies are developing all sorts of new cannabis derived products and don’t want raw cannabis legalized so they can monetize their new pain killers.
Follow the money trail - the people wanting to keep cannabis prohibition in place aren’t doing it because they think cannabis is a gateway drug. They are doing it because they are motivated by money.

1 Like

Yes they are - also the liquor lobby.

The great thing about all that is that the marijuana industry represents as much if not more money.

2 Likes

Oh!

Does that mean that, with a few votes for Democrats, we could have legalized marijuana nationwide?

And the downside is… ?

1 Like

Does this mean Willie Nelson is a “gateway musician” ?

5 Likes

I remember a lot of folks used to chuckle at this one.

1 Like

Oh yeah. That’s where I used to take my pharmaceutical cocktails every morning…

1 Like

I consume a lot of weed and it’s way better than booze. And I have zero desire to do heroin or meth. Fuck these liars. I hope they all develop horrible terminal illnesses and suffer greatly.

Full points on this excellent selection. Who’s playing the steel pedal guitar on this version?

So we should go back to prohibition since the first drink of alcohol could lead to alcoholism?

I hear bathtub gin can be pretty tasty.

That’s because marajuan actuall contains huge amounts of heroin, coke, MDMA, and caffiene! It’s more than a gateway drug, it’s ALL drugs!

It sure can! Once you buy a laptop, you can get on the deep web, and buy drugs! See? We need to start banning computers!

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available