Discussion: Denver Schools Shut Down Amid Search For Armed Woman Obsessed With Columbine

Florida Woman Threatens Schools.

Odd behavior.

She’s dead. They found her body. https://www.rawstory.com/2019/04/breaking-woman-prompted-massive-manhunt-denver-area-school-cancellations-found-dead/

didn’t see @southerndem had already posted it. Sorry - one would think I would have seen that comment. :joy:

Denver-area public schools will be closed Wednesday as authorities search for a young Florida woman who flew to the city and bought a gun after becoming “infatuated” with the mass shooting at Columbine High School…The FBI said Sol Pais, 18, is “considered to be extremely dangerous”…

Wait. I barely remember my Spanish, but I’m pretty sure “sol país” means sun country. From Florida.

C’mon, Season 3 writers, you can do better.

I understand the urge to turn this whole situation into a punchline, but, to me, this seems like a perfect distillation of the gun rights debate.

One young woman came to our state and bought a gun, keeping how many thousands of kids home? The school districts in a huge area all determined that they could not guarantee that they could keep our kids safe, and so they all decided to close school today. This doesn’t just affect students, either. No employees were to report to school. And I don’t know if bus drivers and janitors will get paid on their unexpected day off. Working parents of young kids found out at midnight that they’d be needing to scramble for child care today.

So, I would like to have a really serious discussion about how far one person’s rights get to impede on the rights of others?

“Methinks?”

Do you mean, like this?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available