Discussion: Definitive List of Every Celebrity In The Epic Stephen Colbert Send-Off

First group I think Lauper didn’t have the loudest outfit in - looking at you Olberman.

4 Likes

I haven’t been able to watch this yet. It is too painful to imagine no more Colbert Report.

1 Like

i only now just saw the rerun of the entire program. this was a fucking amazing production… did a spit-take when they scanned doris kearns goodwin s(w)inging away with willie nelson by her side… seriously, how many others could pull together than crowd…

6 Likes

Fr. James Martin S.J. (Chaplain of Colbert Report) is between Jonathan Alter and Eliot Spitzer.

1 Like

Why is that in the media Clinton is “Former President Clinton” but Romney is “Governor Romney” (not Former Governor Romney)?

5 Likes

Updated!

YES! Okay, good, I’m not the only one who got emotional. It was like having a good friend tell you he’s met the person of his dreams and they’re moving to some far away place to do what he’s always dreamed of doing. You can’t help but be so sad for yourself yet so happy for your friend.

I watched closely and I don’t think I saw half of the folks listed. Cool. Gives me another reason to rewatch.

4 Likes

Yep, and I do want to support Larry Wilmore’s new show. He’s funny as hell, and I think this country especially needs a black voice doing political comedy at this point in time.

5 Likes

I’d say he’s closer to our Will Rogers.
From Wikipedia on Will Rogers:

Rogers thought all campaigning was bunk. To prove the point he mounted a mock campaign in 1928 for the presidency. His only vehicle was the pages of Life, a weekly humor magazine. Rogers ran as the “bunkless candidate” of the Anti-Bunk Party. His only campaign promise was that, if elected, he would resign. Every week, from Memorial Day through Election Day, Rogers caricatured the farcical humors of grave campaign politics. On election day he declared victory and resigned.

Sounds a lot like a certain candidate running for President from South Carolina.

5 Likes

Colbert right before the end of the show thanks “Lorraine” (who turns out to be his fake wife) … was she somewhere?

That was the coolest group since Nixon’s enemies list.

4 Likes

Finally use of the word “epic” is actually appropriate.

4 Likes

Kudos, Catherine Thompson. I can now sleep tonight, no longer thinking I would never know who all was in that segment. Feel like taking a stab at all those people outside?

2 Likes

Nice way to end the show - kind of the way “It’s a Wonderful Life” ends.

It reminds us, we are, mostly all of us, ordinary people who at the very least, start out and intend to be well meaning. All those people, a fast food worker for instance, in the same set with Henry Kissinger, with Ariana Huffington’s arm around her. Reminds us of the way we are supposed to be, especially this time of the year.

Dear Stephen -

Thanks for reminding us what’s important: no man’s a failure, who has friends.

Thanks for the wings!

Love,
All of us.

4 Likes

Definitely our Petroleum V. Nasby.

It’s a little hard to stomach Huckabee and Kisinger on the stage. And, missing from a stage that includes many media luminaries - all of them so MAINSTREAM - are Amy Goodman and Thom Hartmann.

1 Like

This was probably the best thing I’ve seen on the internet in YEARS and I actually shrieked out loud when I saw Henry Kissinger. (It’s hard to remember that he’s still alive. Like Abe Vigoda.)

If you think that’s something…the woman who originally popularized the song “We’ll Meet Again”, who goes by the name of Dame Vera Lynn, is still alive at 97! She must be ever so pleased by this wonderful edition of the WWll standard being joyously sung.

2 Likes

I think that group wins for best looking and crazy diversity of great talent.

I agree. Anybody who can bring together Yo-Yo Ma, Henry Kissinger and Cindy Lauper is pure magic.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available