Discussion: Cummings Blasts Trump Admin After Official Ignores Subpoena In Census Probe

Why don’t Cummings keep the subpoena secret when they send it to the banks, accounting and any person in the administration. Give them some cover that if Trump doesn’t know about the subpoena he can’ t stop them. I know it is probably too simple, but this seems to be times of simple people.

The ‘walking solid fart’ of a president can order anyone to not testify… but suppose they ignore him and do testify… there is nothing he can do. All we need is a few REAL patriots to talk and begin the toppling the clown king. Once the floodgates open, Putin Of The United States, will fall hard.

2 Likes

Need to go after Barr. Impeachment, Censure, hearings, charges…whatever we can do that gets a BIT of traction. He would have to recuse himself from matters that touch upon areas he is being investigated or impeached for. It would put him on notice while he tries to meddle with SDNY and other cases. There can be no doubt, that Chump The Chess Master sees Barr and the SCOTUS as HIS protectors and his playbook has expanded dramatically now that he has his two new shiny additions to ‘his’ team. Like a coach who just got a big trade for a top-shelf QB and a raft of new Defense players.

1 Like

Perhaps. But we won’t know until it actually goes to the Supreme Court - which it will never do if House Democrats never use inherent contempt to enforce their subpoenas.

Look, we know that Barr won’t enforce a House subpoena issued by Democrats. So Inherent Contempt is pretty much the only enforcement mechanism left.

1 Like

Thank you. :heart_eyes:

I was using orthogonal to mean 90 degrees out of the plane. If you describe the Republican definitions of “Law and Order” as a line on a 2D x-y graph when something’s orthogonal to that, it’s up and out of the plane of the graph, which means that it’s generally unrelated and doesn’t affect the contents of the graph.

Some people were suggesting that the Republican definition or acceptance of “Law and Order” had changed because they were a different breed of Republicans (technically they are a different breed), but ultimately, Trumpist Republicans haven’t changed their definition of Law and Order, they’ve just changed their emphasis and direction. Their views on Law and Order remain largely unchanged, hence Trumpism is orthogonal to the Republican view on Law and Order.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s what it seems like. Anyone can talk to investigators. Trump could try to sue under the NDA (hah) or what, arrest McGahn? For what? All sound and fury.

Thanks for expounding. One of the reasons I love this site is that I learn new stuff every day.

Democrats seem to be making some more promises. I bet this is just so people vote for them, they have no intention of keeping these right?

The “Obamacare” is really a republican plan the democrats managed to pass without any republican help. If a comedian had said this line, I would have laughed.

The “massive stimulus” was not really massive no? Ask Paul Krugman
The “massive stimulus” did not punish any banks no? Big banks got bigger no, got free money no?
Dodd-Frank : Democrats hard at work at gutting it no?
Don’t see anywhere in this youuuge list that the banks were punished for their misdeeds.

The trivial shit did not help them win elections did it?

And how many of these helped democrats win elections? They do anything about voting rights? Student Debt? Prescription Drug coverage? Anyone punished for the real estate scam? They passed the low hanging fruit, not good enough for me.

As I have said before, I have started to see this as a feature of the Democratic Party. They are just a less crazy version of Republicans

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available