Discussion: Cruz Defends Vote Against Sandy Aid: 'Political, Unnecessary Pork Spending'

2 Likes

If I recall my Orwell: All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.

Oink, oink

16 Likes

We all know you’re full of shit Cruz, especially you.

7 Likes

Sounds like Texas could pay for everything first and then ask for reimbursement once all forms are completed in triplicate and notarized.

17 Likes

Just depends on whose ox is being gored or to put it in simplier terms whose voters can be ignored.

4 Likes

Sez the weasley duplicitous lying sack of shit greaseball.

I can’t wait to see your request

1 Like

It’s not enough to recognize these people as hypocrites. Tit for tat. At least hold up the money for a couple days to make the point.

3 Likes

So this proves Cruz is an ass. But we knew that.

3 Likes

It is pork when it helps another senator’s constituents. It is absolute necessity when it involves yours. Hypocrisy thy name is Cruz.

13 Likes

Here’s a suggestion - until all the funds allocated for Sandy have been distributed, the funds for Harvey will be in escrow. I’m sure the Republican governor of New Jersey would be glad to speed that process along.

6 Likes

at least he’s got his credibility. right?

1 Like

I wonder if it hurts to talk out of both sides of your mouth like that.

8 Likes

18 Likes

You have to hand it to Ted Cruz: he is perfectly consistent in his behavior as a vile human being.

7 Likes

“…it’s not right for politicians to exploit a disaster and people who are hurting…"

It’s like he’s never even met the GOP.

Joe Biden: “I told Barack, if you really, really want to remake the Supreme Court, then nominate Cruz. Before you know it, you’ll have eight vacancies.”

26 Likes

I’m sure the good church people of the rest of TX can foot the bill. Isn’t that the way they always want things paid for?

10 Likes

“Hurricane relief and disaster relief has been a vital central role for a long, long time and it should continue,” Cruz said. “The problem with that particular bill is it became a $50 billion bill that was filled with unrelated pork.”

I thought Cruz was Catholic, not Jewish.

1 Like

He’s Shiite Baptist. Goes to Second Baptist here in Houston. Commonly known as Six Flags Over Jesus.

10 Likes

Why didn’t the Texas evangelicals just “pray the hurricane away”?

13 Likes

They were too busy praying about Pride Parade in Austin.

10 Likes