Discussion: Contrary to Claims, Naval Strike Group Wasn't Headed To N. Korea Last Week

Is it possible that Navigator-in-Chief Dump fucked up again? My guess is yes.

1 Like

A thing not known before but now being a thing-is, after the fact planning.

Trounce and Co. just effing mush forward with teasing sort of things and wait and watch how twitter and peeps like me and us respond, then they respond to the response.

It took me decades of business myself to get this, that multiple failure and bankrupt Trounce uses this knowledge against us, may be a slight against our own knowledge.

Sorry, but this is low grade business douchery performed by a Douche Giant or Giant Douche, if you will.
This isn’t like levels of intense brainwork at work here, its just effing Maximum douchery doing what maximum douchery does.

1 Like

The GOP Monty Python Manuver

So the alleged adults in the Trump administration are either smoking crack or have been shut out of the loop altogether. Not that one could blame them for self medicating in the first case scenario.

Wasn’t there an old movie called “Advance to the Rear”?

Should be updated with Drumpfie in the lead role.

He’d like that – top billing on the posters.

1 Like

Like Hannibal and the elephants!

GOOD GODAMITEE !!! You have intentionally elected people that don’t know a goddam thing about government or governing !! These folks are appointing other people to posts and jobs that know less than they do !!!

What fucking message was that supposed to be ?!?!?!

1 Like

The earth is round, it was just taking the long way.

This may be way out there but could the whole story line picked up by US media been strictly for U.S. consumption–deflection from Russia, bolster mr. ego must be massaged at all costs, etc. with major international players with satellites knowing exactly what was occurring so simply playing along? Lord, am I drinking kool-aid–possibly.

1 Like

According to the article,

U.S. Pacific Command spokesperson
spokesman for the Pacific Command, Commander Dave Benham
White House press secretary Sean Spicer
Defense Secretary James Mattis

all stated that the aircraft carrier was heading towards N Korea.

Apparently the carrier is heading toward Australia. The only “fake statements” i see were by the above-named persons. Which in any other world, would be called a “lie.” Why do they want our enemies to think our threats are not credible? I think this is outrageous and puts us at a huge disadvantage dealing with our adversaries in the future.

I wonder if House Republicans are going to investigate this outrageous blunder which has only served to make us less safe and more of a laughingstock in the world? Just one little investigation. They likely won’t find anything, after all, they had nine Benghazi investigations and couldn’t find anything criminal, so they shouldn’t be scared to investigate their own party if nothing untoward or grossly incompetent happened. Right?

1 Like

People have told me - very, very good people, the best - that this is how this whole situation might have gone down:

Day 1:
trump: I want some boats up by korea - big ones… the biggest! What’s the biggest boat we have? That guy, what’s-his-face, is pissing me off!
mattis: Yes, Your Orangeness!

Day2:
random aid: Sir Orange-a-lot, have you ever heard about the Mother Of All Bombs? It’s the biggest non-nuclear bomb ever!
trump: (rubbing hands together) Ohhhhhh! Drop it! Drop it! Drop it on some radical Islamic terrorists somewhere! Drop it now!
Random aid: Yes godemperor, but who exactly should we drop it on?
trump: Those ISSY-fit people, you know, the radical Islamic terrorist ones.
random aid: Ah… oh, yes sir, I know who you mean.

DAY3:
trump: Do they have that very very very big bomb mother thing available on that group of very very very very big beautiful boats I sent to Korea?
Mattis: Ahhh, no Supreme Orange Master, I don’t think so.
trump: What? What’s the point then? I want to drop another one! (stomps foot) I want to drop another one!
Mattis: Ahhh… yessir, we’ll get them turned around so they can pick one up.

And hence, the boats that were going to N Korea were turned around short of their original destination. Believe me, this is how it went down! I have some evidence - very, very, very, very strong evidence - that I’ll be presenting soon that proves this is true. We’ll have something shortly, beleive me.

1 Like

No, it’s okay, this is all part of donnie’s brilliant strategical thinking! He understands how important it is to keep our military plans secret. In this case, he didn’t want North Korea and ISIS and people in the librul fake news media to know the fleet was going to conduct exercises with Austrailia, so he said they were heading to North Korea! See? The exercises were a vital military secret, and he kept lots of bad hombres (like the very very fake news media - he calls them that - did you know that?) from finding out about them. He’s so, like, smart! If we’d had him for Iraq and Afghanistan, we’d have had so much winning because it would have all been a secret!

1 Like

That’s what really screams that this is all posturing. Reagan is in Yokosuka right now! She’s there, undergoing regular ‘Temporary Restricted Access’ to several areas including the flight deck. That means basically, maintenance and upkeep that doesn’t actually need a drydock session. But her entire air wing can operate off of NAS Yokosuka’s runways, no problem. This is why we have a Carrier Strike Group stationed in Yokosuka—to protect Japan and S. Korea. Carl Vinson doesn’t need to be repurposed whatsoever.

And the Kim regime knows it! They know Reagan’s there. They know we’ve always got a Carrier Strike Group in or operating out of Yokosuka. They know we’ve got the facilities there to keep three of the damned things over there, in case we need to adopt a more active stance. But we don’t. Because we’re not looking to offest China here. We’re dealing with a relatively isolated North Korea. And just freakin’ Reagan has enough firepower to obliterate most of the damned country.

If the Republicans had half a brain, that’s how they’d message this. They’d reassure the public that North Korea may talk a lot, but they’re not gonna start a war with St. Ronnie right there ready to nuke them into the stone age.

“Don’t worry, folks, once again, America and her allies can sleep soundly at night, because Ronald Reagan is on the job.”

I mean, the propaganda literally writes itself… except for one crucial factor: Trump’s 65-story ego. Let’s face it, any other POTUS w/an ‘R’ after their name would lean heavily on the imagery of “Ronald Reagan”. But Trump goes for Carl Vinson. Why? Carl Vinson was at the other end of the Pacific coast, bound for Oz. Nimitz or Stennis could’ve been tasked from Washington State. Roosevelt could’ve moved up from San Diego.

Of those options, I can only imagine that only Vinson and Stennis would even be remotely palatable to The Donald. Reagan, Roosevelt, and even Nimitz are names that even he would know invite the invocation of their namesakes: two popular Republican Presidents, and the CINCPACFLEET that won the War in the Pacific in WWII.

This man’s a joke. A sick, sick joke, and part of me hopes that every single idiot who voted for him chokes on his obvious incompetence, naked greed, and corrupt malfeasance.

3 Likes

Don’t forget the additional F-16 air wing at Misawa and Marine F-18s in Okinawa. And, in a pinch, the Japanese air force, which is flying aircraft about three generations newer than anything in N. Korea’s air force.

1 Like

Where the Heck Are We?

“We will all go together when we go”, comes to mind. But so many of his were dark songs.
Lehrer was from early sixties. 1963’s TV show That Was The Week That Was brought him to prominence. By '70 he was old hat.
But I always liked him.
I saw these relevant after I commented: @old_curmudgeon @littlegirlblue @stradivarius50t3

My favorite Lehrer is Lobachevsky. I used to play that for my students on the first day of class as an example of how not to do academic honesty.

Second favorite: The Vatican Rag.

2 Likes

Before the 60s were over, Tom Lehrer stopped performing, not because he was not popular, but because he did not want to. (He taught at various universities, remember.) So he was not “old hat.” In the past few years I heard that someone told him that it was said he was going back to performing. To which he replied, “Oh? Has Hell frozen over?”

1 Like

[quote=“irasdad, post:3, topic:54523, full:true”]
White House press secretary Sean Spicer didn’t dispute the characterization that the strike group was “steaming up toward the sea of Japan.”

@ralph_vonholst, He called the strike group his “armada.” Too bad he is not a student of history (or student of anything far as I can tell). Ever since the huge and very powerful (as Trump would have called it) Spanish Armada was destroyed at Trafalgar (I think) by the much smaller Brit navy, no leader has ever referred to his/her navy as an “armada.”

Absolutely. And he thinks that goes for all those other nations of Africa near “Thighland” that also rhyme with a female body part.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available