Discussion: Conservative Legal Group Releases Some Emails Clinton Didn’t Turn Over

The clear implication in the headline and article is that Clinton did something wrong in not turning over the e-mails. The media should do better, especially since James Comey said the following:

I should add here that we found no evidence that any of the additional work-related e-mails were intentionally deleted in an effort to conceal them. Our assessment is that, like many e-mail users, Secretary Clinton periodically deleted e-mails or e-mails were purged from the system when devices were changed. Because she was not using a government account—or even a commercial account like Gmail—there was no archiving at all of her e-mails, so it is not surprising that we discovered e-mails that were not on Secretary Clinton’s system in 2014, when she produced the 30,000 e-mails to the State Department.

Judicial Watch clearly wants to portray this as mendacious or malicious, when the FBI clearly notes that there was no evidence of ill intent. Media should be reporting that in these stories, and not just the implication Judicial Watch desires.

8 Likes

The steady drip, drip, drip of crumbs from the nothing burger won’t amount to a hill of beans by election day.

And just how many cliches can I stuff into one sentence?

5 Likes

And I should get all concerny-wermy over this ‘revelation’ that the SOS has e-mail exchanges with ‘big shots’, exactly, why?

AP really is obsessed with this. The death of journalism indeed.

P.S. And I am delighted to know that she qualified for an upgrade to a new Blackberry.
PPS. Judging by the rate of response to this article, very few people here care anymore. I just clicked so that that I could diss AP and pummel them with satirical commentary.

3 Likes

OH come on, she was inarticulate. /s

1 Like

Fart in the wind —

Wake me up when they find the email where she tells our national adversary to hack the RNC, or advocates the assassination of the GOP nominee or calls a war hero’s parents terrorists or throws a baby out of a rally. Otherwise, meh. Politics as usual is downright delicious compared to the shit-feast on the other side.

1 Like

It’s after the election that this new batch of emails grows problematic.

Politico today mentions another email from the batch that indicates Cheryl Mills (hence Hillary) was notified in December 2012 that a FOIA request for her State Department correspondence had been made, incidentally by a liberal watchdog group. (Hillary resigned as SoS in February 2013.) The email purge of personal correspondence had yet to begin. Politico suggests that if the State Department conducted a serious attempt to comply with the request, that Hillary’s private server arrangement could have been publicly revealed two years earlyer than March 2015.

I’m certain the GOP will try to particularly snafu the first two years of Hillary’s term to delay her appointments to the federal courts/SCOTUS and other agenda. (They expect to recapture Senate control in the 2018 midterm election.) The import of this present article should not be casually dismissed.

Sounds like a new Disney project.

1 Like