Discussion: Congress Will Not Vote On Obamacare Repeal This Week

Well said

With a stick.

1 Like

"We’re still educating members.”

Or, as Chairman Mao would have said, “re-educating.”

1 Like

"We’re still educating members.”

So, your goal is to have a bunch of smart pricks, is it?

3 Likes

How 's it going, Paulie?

1 Like

The Townhalls scared them SO bad they can’t even find the voting buttons on their desks.

4 Likes

I have health insurance through work and do benefit from ObamaCare. However, I am not being jerked around by the repubs like those on ObamaCare and Medicaid expansion. The repubs are so immoral and disgusting. May they rot in hell, if here is a hell.

4 Likes

The House Rs will never bring a vote on repealing/replacing ACA. It’s talk and bluster because it what’s they did for 6-7 years and it’s all they know how to do.

3 Likes

I called my goddamn GOP critter the other day to say this one’s even worse, I vehemently oppose etc. etc. and the poor young woman who always answers the phone just sadly said she’d let him know. I don’t think they’re having much fun in the House these days, and I don’t think it’s much better in the Senate. One thing that’s halfway a pity is that I had a friend who was the head of an agency in Interior under Obama. He’s home now but it would be fun to have his read on the mood in D.C.

3 Likes

Well, they’re teaching them to use the zero rather than just saying ‘more than fingers and toes.’

Where’s Benghazi?

1 Like

In the rearview mirror at all times.

3 Likes

I don’t know about anyone else, but I made an angry call to my GOP rep yesterday…

3 Likes

Ha! Just saw your post. I did the same yesterday.

3 Likes

High five! Guess it worked.

3 Likes

Translation: “We haven’t been able to bribe/cajole/bamboozle/threaten enough blue state Republicans to commit career suicide. Yet.”

3 Likes

“We’re still educating members,”

The best way to fall on their sword.

I count my blessings every days that I have three Democratic women as my representatives, and very little persuasion is necessary to get them to do the right thing.

3 Likes

Likely true. You almost be tempted to think they’ll treat repeal of the ACA like they do outlawing abortion: they’ll never do it but would prefer to have it as a campaign issue forever.

1 Like

I hope you all are correct. If AHCA passes I’ll probably have to drop my exchange plan and have pre-existing conditions so will be doubly screwed. I’m not so confident that the “moderates” will stand firm. I read somewhere that Frelinghuysen (sp?) was threatened with losing his chairmanship on whatever committee he’s on and I’m sure they can pressure others. It’s not that I don’t believe they are between a rock and a hard place, but every time I hear them say, we’re getting there, we just need more time… my stomach knots up. I don’t trust these moderates not to sell out their constituents. There were lots of undecideds who could flip either way, so I hope the fear of losing in 2018 works–but I don’t trust in that at all. I don’t trust any of them to do the right thing.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available