Discussion: Congress Reels As Rexit News Hits Capitol Hill

Why worry now anout a secret back channel? Just pick up a phone and call or tweet. Nobody will say BOO about it anyway…

4 Likes

“My main concern is: does she now know that those techniques are not allowed?” Graham said. “At the time, there was doubt. Today, there is no doubt. That will drive my thinking more than anything else.”

Graham is another drooling idiot. “At the time, there was doubt" is correct, but exactly opposite to the way cowardly Graham wants things.

1 Like

They’ll get bloodied, but not completely battered, unfortunately.

1 Like

If there was real justice Melania would smack trump in the kisser… in public for all to see and marvel at.

1 Like

“Incompetent” is just the descriptor that can be used to characterize Trump’s behavior until malfeasance can be proven.

2 Likes

Looking at the recent decisions on immigration, guns, the Iran deal, etc., I am not sure it is clear right now whose appendage is in whose orifice. Seems to me that people like Cotton and Miller are pretty much running the country right now. With the elevation of Pompeo to SOS, I for one am continuing to crap my pants.

“Even Democrats who voted for Pompeo’s confirmation to lead the CIA last year now say they have concerns.”

Concerns sounds a lot like thoughts and prayers to me these days - meaningless drivel sprinkled over catastrophes like salt and pepper.

5 Likes

Lyin rAyn and Mitch McConartist will continue hiding in the witness relocation program and nothing will happen.

1 Like

“There will be alot of pressure to confirm someone quickly. Because we need somebody in the State Dept…”

Yes, we need someone so badly that the job’s last occupant could, with apparent caprice, be summarily dismissed while on official business.
So, why are we supposed to pick up the tab for Dear Leader’s irresponsibility.

3 Likes

So that’s what a reeling congress looks like? A bunch of Democrats and Flake? Meh.

1 Like

Senator Flake: “I do declare, that Mr. Hoyle would be dreadfully disappointed by this careless way of dismissing poor Mr. Rex. My, oh my!!!”

C’mon, Jeffy. Grow some nards and tell it like it is. Drumpf is a sordid, stinking, gelatinous chunk of crap with legs, who is lower than weighted whale shit. Say it. ***SAY IT!!!***!

I had to laugh too.

"Wyden (D-OR) quipped: “At the rate this administration is hemorrhaging
staff, pretty soon the President’s barber is going to play a big role in
American foreign policy.”

I am sort of holding out for the guy that preps Trumps McD’s order to head up the Space Force.

Simple two-step process:

1. Want to be President badly enough to kneel and suck.
    2). Practice, practice, practice.

Why isn’t this image of Trump at the Act Nightclub in Las Vegas all over the net? Now closed, the club specialized in performances of simulated golden showers, bestiality and S&M. That’s Keith Schuller behind him, a Russian oligarch or two, and Rob Goldstone.

Here’s your president, Trumpkins.

1 Like

Hannity manages, though it does interfere with his speech patterns.

1 Like

. . . or as Adam Schiff so weakly stated after another bogus Devin Nunes pronouncement Re: Russia, “We have a different set of priorities.” Really??? You mean the priority where they destroy a once thriving liberal democracy while Dems prioritize decorum at all costs? Honestly, you nailed it, @lanabill. Dems have been asleep in the passenger’s seat while Koch enterprises and its Republican grifters drives this nation off a cliff.

1 Like

“I think it’s important that the President and Secretary of State are on the same wavelength and I think the President now will be,” the normally tight-lipped Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) told reporters“

That’s the scariest news I’ve seen today. Regardless of Tillerson’s controversial tenure, we lost a presidential babysitter today.

3 Likes

To be fair, the article does describe Cotton as “tight-lipped.”

2 Likes

“It’s not a good sign when you’re fired by Twitter,” [Flake} said.

A particular spinelessness coined by donnie.

1 Like

The silver lining, of course, is Rex was a Russian favorite. Not that Pompeo will not be equally adored by the Kremlin, but a CIA chief who move to SoS cannot be there for diplomacy. This is one more phase in the dismantling of Foggy Bottom as a key component of U.S. foreign policy. Imagine the day when the denizens of TPM long for Rex anywhere close to a government post. I didn’t think you could. Good riddance, Rex. You were used like a cheap Harbor Freight tool and discarded.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available