Discussion: Congress Jammed On Immigration Fight Two Days Before Shutdown

Discussion for article #233664

incensed House Republicans

Dragon’s blood or myrrh?

3 Likes

Edmund Kean’s dying words were “Dying is easy, comedy is hard”? What a liar.

3 Likes

GOP can’t govern. Hell, they can’t get their stories in alignment.

6 Likes

That’s a problem because Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) said
Tuesday that Democrats will filibuster even a clean DHS bill until
Boehner promises to bring it up.

I don’t understand why Reid is threatening to fillibuster a clean DHS bill. That’s only going to shift much of the blame for a shutdown from the Republicans to Senate Democrats, and it seems to me that the Democrats would really deserve it. Why not just go along with McConnell’s proposal and send the Senate bill back to the House and let Boehner and his Tea Party loons get 100% of the blame?

1 Like

“I just want a plan that, at the end of the day, preserves the Constitution,” Rep. Dave Brat (R-VA), who defeated former Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-VA) last year, told reporters. “So however we get there, that’s what I want.”

So he wants a plan that preserves the constitution and he doesn’t care how they achieve this plan, and presumably has no ideas of his own to contribute. But he knows what he wants. I wonder if Rep. Brat [R-VAcuous] realizes just how bloody vacuous his statement is.

5 Likes

“You’re not the boss of me,” shouted Boehner while being cajoled by senators with superior intellect.

4 Likes

Sandalwood, I think

Incense smoke contains various contaminants including gaseous pollutants, such as carbon monoxide (CO), nitrogen oxides (NOx), sulfur oxides (SOx), volatile organic compounds (VOCs) [4–8], and absorbed toxic pollutants (polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and toxic metals). --Wikipedia

Maybe we’ve isolated our problem.

3 Likes

“Disarray…datarray…why don’t you damn liberals just get off my back? I’m doing the best I can!” – Speaker Boehner

2 Likes

Boehner couldn’t lead a kindergarten class to candy.

3 Likes

“If “ifs” and “buts” were candy and nuts,” John would never run out of bar nibbles.

6 Likes

Bend over bonehead. your’e about to have both cavities filled.
Such is the reality of thinking you were in a position of authority in your own house.
Pelosi is waiting for the knock knock on her door.
Damn this is going to hurt. lol lol

4 Likes

Because he is putting pressure upon the Establishment-TeaParty schism in the GOP, and forces Boehner into a precarious position. McConnell has rolled over, so the Establishment wing is seen as playing ball now (which creates friction with the base), now Boehner himself becomes the issue…and he has nobody to hide behind.

7 Likes
1 Like

I prefer constitution marmalade.

3 Likes

Meh…his entire career in Congress will be as a back bencher. The only reason he is even being asked a question is because he still has the “oddity” title from defeating Cantor. That will be gone by the end of March and nobody will ever hear from him again.

4 Likes

Is it wrong to point and laugh at how discombobulated the GOP is at the Dems pulling the same nasty sh&t the GOP has pulled for the last six years?

If it is, I.DON’T.CARE.

9 Likes

Poor Orange Man, his party gives him agita and it makes him cry. Or is that just a hangover we see.

3 Likes

“I just want a plan that, at the end of the day, preserves the Constitution”

The aptly named Dave Brat wouldn’t know the Constitution if it walked up to him and smeared ink all over him.

5 Likes

Ahh, poor babies! Now that they are in “control” they have to actually lead and they don’t know how.

4 Likes