Discussion: Commerce Denies Ross Misled Congress On Bannon Call On Census Citizenship Question

The answer was yes. Ross blatantly lied.

Our ability to vote is our democracy. It is under attack by the Republican Party, which is organizing international fascism, organized crime, and Russian military assets against us.

All they have to do is keep the lie going.

Trumpism.

11 Likes

reading the Q and A, and then given the efforts to hide the truth (which suggest not a mistake, but an effort to mislead) and given how central this issue is to the Democrats and that Bannon is involved, always a sign of nasty evil afoot, I think Ross has just moved himself to the top of the list for “oversight”

Lying to congress is an impeachable offense, as is the misuse of office underlying it. My guess is that Ross will find himself the first person in the trump administration to be impeached when they take back the house.

Look, far better to start impeaching folks like Ross than going after Trump directly.

6 Likes

He was in fact looking at the RNC email that the Congresswoman provided him during the hearing

Well that changes everything.

3 Likes

Nor for that matter are the rest of the the Toxic Stew Trump brought to town. Let’s start with Mike Pence’s famous and often used words, “This is the first I’ve heard of it” which date back to his time in Indiana. Then there’s…you can name just about any appointee.

2 Likes

Lmfao, wait until they get to the Cyprus bank story…

14 Likes

Ross has admitted that he “recalls” a Spring 2017 phone call with then-White House advisor Steve Bannon where Bannon asked Ross to discuss the question with Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach.

Hold on. Beyond the surface, “did you talk with the admin”, a much larger conspiracy and cover-up is lurking in plain view here. Recall, please, that the administration’s Voter Fraud Commission, which was established May of 2017 (i.e., late Spring 2017) featured said Kris Kobach as vice chair (Pence was chair).

This is looking like far more than just a conversation between Bannon and Ross. And a much bigger cover up than just Ross talked with Bannon. There’s a whole lot more going on here. A lot more.

16 Likes

So, the lying and subsequent dissembling of Wilbur is not any surprise to anyone, but frankly, the mealy-mouthed objection by Rep Meng is just so depressing: "“It was pretty clear that I was asking about the addition of this question…” “Pretty clear” is a step away from saying “I’m sorry, I meant to say…” This BS is outrageous, and she should have simply hit back with “I WAS ABUNDANTLY CLEAR IN MY QUESTION TO THE SECRETARY…”

2 Likes

I agree this is much bigger than is first revealed. That seems to be the case with just about everything in this administration. Dark corners, innuendo (and out your ear), and “alternative facts” define everything they do. Where does it end?

I wonder if some investigative reporter could look into the timing of these events and find a line to Trump or Jared, or maybe Pence that could reveal even more.

How about it investigative reporters? Looks tasty to me.

10 Likes

A closer look would almost certainly expose Ross as errand boy. Even if one only cares about bringing down Ross (a worthwhile goal), that “Kobach in Spring 2017” mention is still the untapped vein.

3 Likes

If Cosby can handle the joint, so can this rancid little raisin.

3 Likes

From Inside Trump’s Voter-Fraud Crusade, in The Atlantic. A look at the commission’s internal memos:

a group of people who’ve worked for decades against voting protections for minorities and in service of an anti-immigration agenda was gifted the power to pursue its aims at a national level. The commission itself may now be defunct, but partly because of the work of its former leaders, its real agenda is still rising.

5 Likes

Which is why we must all vote for every Democrat we can, every chance we can. They won’t have the power to do anything until we give them the numbers to take control. Hell, as inconsistently as we support them, it may even take a few cycles of Dem control before they stand up as tall as they must for us to keep our Democracy intact.

9 Likes

Some people just aren’t wired to speak forcefully, but that doesn’t mean that they are “mealy-mouthed” and ineffectual. Sometimes understatement can be the better option, to further contrast the absurdity of the opposition. Also, text doesn’t convey inflection or tone, which can often obscure true intent (in English anyway). It could be a sardonic, sarcastic remark that had you heard it spoken you would have recognized as dripping with irony. There are a lot of possibilities here.

Plus, I have no idea why you would say “pretty clear” might as well be an apology. I would never make that association with the phrase. It doesn’t mean that at all. In my reading, she clearly means that Ross, at best, willfully misinterpreted her question. It’s all on Ross, not on her.

8 Likes

We need to clean up the government by ridding ourselves of this administration. Clean up the WH, take out the garbage.

2 Likes

Wilbur got the Commerce job as reward for heading Cyprus Bank, one of the main conduits of dirty Russian money to Dolt45 and his family criminal enterprise. He’s one of the planet’s top grifters.

11 Likes

“Plausible deniability” will be the end of us all. It is the foundation of everything they do.

Once again, I’ll go there – during the rise and early reign of the Nazi Party in Germany, leading Nazi officials employed the exact same technique of lying, lying and lying some more, and, when caught, continually backtracking from one plausible denial to another until their pursuants gave up the chase out of sheer frustration and exhaustion.

Fascists use the mechanics of democracy and liberal society to protect themselves. That’s what makes them so difficult to fight against by those that otherwise respect justice, ethics and the law.

9 Likes

This horrible man-

3 Likes

Wilbur Ross: Former VP of The Bank of Cyprus during the massive money-laundering by Russian Oligarchs. The same bank Mueller subpoenaed for information about Cohen, Flynn, Don Jr., Kushner, et. al. and their activities.

Yeah. Just the Russian Oligarch Stooge you want in charge of The U.S. Department of Commerce…if you are Donald J. Trump.

6 Likes

They’re all dissembling shills and future felons.

1 Like

“Has the president or anyone in the White House discussed with you or anyone on your team about adding this citizenship question?” she asked.

“Oh, you meant that White House. I thought you meant this other white house. Well, in that case, then, …”

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available