Discussion: Commerce Denies Ross Misled Congress On Bannon Call On Census Citizenship Question

Wilbur got the Commerce job as reward for heading Cyprus Bank, one of the main conduits of dirty Russian money to Dolt45 and his family criminal enterprise. He’s one of the planet’s top grifters.

11 Likes

“Plausible deniability” will be the end of us all. It is the foundation of everything they do.

Once again, I’ll go there – during the rise and early reign of the Nazi Party in Germany, leading Nazi officials employed the exact same technique of lying, lying and lying some more, and, when caught, continually backtracking from one plausible denial to another until their pursuants gave up the chase out of sheer frustration and exhaustion.

Fascists use the mechanics of democracy and liberal society to protect themselves. That’s what makes them so difficult to fight against by those that otherwise respect justice, ethics and the law.

9 Likes

This horrible man-

3 Likes

Wilbur Ross: Former VP of The Bank of Cyprus during the massive money-laundering by Russian Oligarchs. The same bank Mueller subpoenaed for information about Cohen, Flynn, Don Jr., Kushner, et. al. and their activities.

Yeah. Just the Russian Oligarch Stooge you want in charge of The U.S. Department of Commerce…if you are Donald J. Trump.

6 Likes

They’re all dissembling shills and future felons.

1 Like

“Has the president or anyone in the White House discussed with you or anyone on your team about adding this citizenship question?” she asked.

“Oh, you meant that White House. I thought you meant this other white house. Well, in that case, then, …”

If Ross was not a crook, he would be unwilling to be part of the Trump administration as secretary of “commerce” (at the Bank of Cyprus did “commerce” mean “money laundering”?).

If every crook in the current WH was impeached, there wouldn’t be anybody left except the SS and the permanent staff. Maybe Spanky would get lonely and bail out at that point.

Even if Mr Ross had the text of the email in front of him he should have had the smarts to realize what was being asked of him. The spin to say he was responding to the email only is so weak that it dissolves at first glance. He knew what was being asked and he chose to lie.

3 Likes

A fair portion of the SS would be gone as well considering the rate at which they get in trouble over seas with partying with “ladies of the night”. And I expect the career staff might be making off with the contents of the pantry on a regular basis. I bet the WH china and other fixtures would bring a fair price on Amazon.

3 Likes

My god, does no one think of ebay anymore?

:wink:

5 Likes

I picked Amazon cuz trump hates Jeff Bezos…
:grin:

4 Likes

O that’s a very good reason and I was just trying to be funny. I can tell from all the likes that I was hilarious.

:grin:

3 Likes

Just sent some

2 Likes

“Trump Administration should not be using the levers of justice to conceal its own wrongdoing.” There’s a term for that, it’s right on the tip of my tongue . . .

I would say it’s the entire GOP… please name me one that isn’t a lying sack of shit

1 Like

More like no gray matter

1 Like

Slowly walking down the hall,
faster than a Bannon call…

Yes, everything does in fact remind me of a song.

What else would his department say…admit that he lied on several occasions?

And, it turns out it went far beyond lying about the call itself… because he then went on to talk to Kobach about it, multiple times. So, I guess technically he wasn’t discussing it with someone FROM the administration in that case, but the questioning was more about if and when he had discussed any of this prior to pressing Justice to add it. They were trying to determine the source of it, and he dodged any clear answers… by lying straight up.

So, resignation in… 5… 4… 3… ?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available