Discussion: Commerce Denies Ross Misled Congress On Bannon Call On Census Citizenship Question

Isn’t it funny how the ‘context’ Republicans magically discover every time they’re caught red-handed is extremely tortured and self-serving, and frequently relies on a closely parsed, faux legalistic, tendentious interpretation of events? Gosh golly gee.

26 Likes

Lie to congress! Oh well, just put in on the gigantic pile of stuff the GOP and it’s supporters would scream bloody murder about if it was a Dem but won’t do a damn thing since it came from a republican while the Dems stand by to weak to do anything about it. (This is pretty much becoming the story of our country).

11 Likes

this whole badministration is lying sacks of shit.

10 Likes

Fucking crooks!

1 Like

“I’m not aware of any such.” Does that actually mean “no”? The lack of simple, clear answers from anyone in this administration and Party is beginning to wear on me.

And of course it isn’t ROSS that issues a denial (because that could be held up as lying, again, some more…), it’s “Commerce” the issues the denial?

They’re actually using their departments as cover, like they would a corporation. To provide a buffer between accountability and malfeasance. You can’t put a corporation in jail or a Department of…

I don’t remember any legislation removing criminal liability from public servants, do you? Scott Pruitt simply walked away from his frauds and crimes inside the EPA… (no-one is bothering pursuing it because they know Trump would just auto-pardon him anyway).

This situation disgusts me daily. I need a pepto bismol I.V…!

19 Likes

Ross is a crook, he has been a fucking crook his whole life, and he has no awareness of what an ethical decision might be on any topic. He fits squarely in that subgroup of CEOs who test out as sociopaths. He has gotten away with it all of these years because he looks like an accountant.

31 Likes

And be forced to eat Campbell’s soup for eternity…

13 Likes

Another day in America.

2 Likes

“[C]losely parsed, faux legalistic, tendentious interpretation of events.” No way!! Only the Clintons and George Soros engage in such behavior. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

No gray area. The question was about all communications. So this is Perjury.

10 Likes

I said in a previous post that Ross has gotten away with being a complete criminal his whole life because he looks like an accountant.I want to correct that - he looks like a funeral director at a mortuary that saves money on cremation by throwing the bodies in a swamp.

24 Likes

Naw, he feeds them to the pigs…

Why waste a good source of protein…

4 Likes

Commerce Denies Ross Misled Congress On Bannon Call On Census Citizenship Question

They are correct, he did not misled, he LIED.

10 Likes

They are consistent themselves and amongst each other.

The answer was yes. Ross blatantly lied.

Our ability to vote is our democracy. It is under attack by the Republican Party, which is organizing international fascism, organized crime, and Russian military assets against us.

All they have to do is keep the lie going.

Trumpism.

11 Likes

reading the Q and A, and then given the efforts to hide the truth (which suggest not a mistake, but an effort to mislead) and given how central this issue is to the Democrats and that Bannon is involved, always a sign of nasty evil afoot, I think Ross has just moved himself to the top of the list for “oversight”

Lying to congress is an impeachable offense, as is the misuse of office underlying it. My guess is that Ross will find himself the first person in the trump administration to be impeached when they take back the house.

Look, far better to start impeaching folks like Ross than going after Trump directly.

6 Likes

He was in fact looking at the RNC email that the Congresswoman provided him during the hearing

Well that changes everything.

3 Likes

Nor for that matter are the rest of the the Toxic Stew Trump brought to town. Let’s start with Mike Pence’s famous and often used words, “This is the first I’ve heard of it” which date back to his time in Indiana. Then there’s…you can name just about any appointee.

2 Likes

Lmfao, wait until they get to the Cyprus bank story…

14 Likes

Ross has admitted that he “recalls” a Spring 2017 phone call with then-White House advisor Steve Bannon where Bannon asked Ross to discuss the question with Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach.

Hold on. Beyond the surface, “did you talk with the admin”, a much larger conspiracy and cover-up is lurking in plain view here. Recall, please, that the administration’s Voter Fraud Commission, which was established May of 2017 (i.e., late Spring 2017) featured said Kris Kobach as vice chair (Pence was chair).

This is looking like far more than just a conversation between Bannon and Ross. And a much bigger cover up than just Ross talked with Bannon. There’s a whole lot more going on here. A lot more.

16 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available