Discussion: Comcast Challenges Disney With $65B Bid For Fox's Entertainment Business

What else are you gonna do with all that tax-cut money? Let the Internet throttling begin…

3 Likes

Now that net neutrality is no more, the Comcast plan is easy to follow:

1. Acquire a massive entertainment network
  2. Throttle and charge more for every other entertainment network (say goodbye to cheap HBO and HD-streamable Netflix for example)
  3. Maintain monopolies
  4. Profit and further divide the haves and the have-nots while delivering terrible service.
1 Like

Well they already have the horrible service down pat

2 Likes

Ahh hell, depressing news everywhere we turn.

I think we need another Stormy Daniels story.

2 Likes

Monopolies delivering terrible service. I remember when their awfulness was a lot more quaint. Back when Ernestine (Lily Tomlin) told it like it was: “We don’t care because we don’t have to. We’re the phone company.”

5 Likes

You know, it really says something when a business known for terrible, monopolistic service has $65 billion-with-a-b just lying around.

2 Likes

They have a monopoly in most areas, I have no other choice for internet

This is not sustainable.

What’s the economic plan, Republicans conservatives, when there’s only one donor left?

1 Like

Time to go watch Rollerball again…

1 Like

(snort) (snort) :joy:

The ATT-Time-Warner thing wasn’t bad enough. Now, this. The consumer gets yentzed at every turn. What I wanna know is how much of our tax money is going to be spent once it gets found out that the one big mega-corp that is left after all this is over is screwing consumers purple and has to be broken up?
Two mega-corps left in a major consumer market is NOT competition. Inevitably, it becomes collusion, as the two big boys cozy up to decide what they ought to be making off the backs and out of the pockets of the poor consumers, who are left with the sort of “choice” that says “You’ll take what we give you, or else.”