Discussion: Collins And Murkowski Hedge Their Bets After Kavanaugh Announcement

No. That advisory does not prevent investigations (as you can tell by the existence of the Mueller probe).

It would probably be more effective to send lots and lots of bills with the picture of Ben Franklin on them.

3 Likes

Before the election?

And from Nancy “Pay-Go” Pelosi: “Impeachment is still off the table.”

Never forget that G.W. Bush actually did blow up a lot of babies, but nobody talks about America’s on-going wars anymore.

1 Like

Indeed. Even if the hearings push the vote until after Nov. 6, I still think he squeaks by. If we take the Senate, January 2019 is the earliest we can truly stop judicial picks. That’s just the facts — believe me, I wish that we could count on Murkowski and Collins to vote Kavanaugh down. I don’t hold out hope.

1 Like

Of course investigations are of dubious value if their findings cannot be used for any other purpose than to inform a recaltricant Congress the Oval Office is likely inhabited by a criminal.

“Thanks for all the damning information, but you must have us confused with someone that gives a damn.”

4 Likes

Collins and Murkowski Hedge Their Bets Perform For The Media After Kavanaugh Announcement

Let’s call it what it is, TPM.

8 Likes

Perhaps in this case you agree with Kavanaugh that we should not bother Trump with investigations after all.

Well there you go, it looks like Trump will get away with everything.

I’m sure his views have matured since then.

1 Like

We’re doooooooomed!!

I didn’t realize Texans were such pessimistic creatures. :smirk:

1 Like

McCain in a statement said that Kavanaugh is “a fair, independent, and mainstream judge who has earned widespread respect from his peers.

Who already has his mind made up about overturning Roe v. Wade, dickhead! John please let women continue to make all of their health choices themselves and we’ll let you continue to make yours.

1 Like

Nah, if a President is criminal he has some sort of gang in on the grift. Nabbing co-conspirators has value. If nothing else it might inhibit future scofflaws from getting in bed with a man like Trump. But unfortunately I’ve come around to the point of view Mueller cannot cause Trump’s eviction from office, regardless his findings. We’re stuck with him until January, 2021. Sizing up the intellect of our electorate, their gullibility, and their near religious fervor to remain loyal to Trump, I posit there’s a very strong chance it’s actually January, 2025 before we’re free of him.

2 Likes

I think we’re all going to die.

2 Likes

So he was opposed to Bill Clinton having to testify under oath while president but then worked with Ken Starr to use that testimony against Clinton.

3 Likes

OT but trump related…
He said he “doesn’t know if Putin is friend or foe but he is a competitor”

If that’s not a tell I don’t know what would be…
The private meeting is for marching orders.

McCain, please stay in bed.

Collins had her statement pre, pre, prepared regardless as to who was named the SCOTUS nomination. Same old, same old. And gawd, it is getting old.

1 Like

Here we go again. These two drips will vote Party, Party, Party. Both have the spines of jellyfish.

2 Likes

I’d rather understand why Republican women hate women!

2 Likes

McCain in a statement said that Kavanaugh is “a fair, independent, and mainstream judge who has earned widespread respect from his peers.”

No surprises here. McCain seems to be his ole bullshit self despite dire illness.