Discussion: Collins Adopts Favorite Tactic Of Indicted Lawmakers In Insider Trading Case

1 Like

Before reading the article, let me guess. Pleading nolo contendere, offering to resign and pay restitution (out of the campaign fund), and no jail time. Do I win?

7 Likes

Hell, the House Post Office was established by Congress, too. Didn’t help get old Rosty off the hook…

5 Likes

Your OneWordAnswer™: No.

9 Likes

Dammit, now I have to read the article. A good man’s snark is never done.

17 Likes

The highest form of language.

10 Likes

Why is it almost impossible to prosecute the “elites” even when the evidence is strong and clear-cut? Undoubtedly, the elites that make, enforce, and interpret the law have done that on purpose.

15 Likes

Hell, even when you convict them, they get a slap on the wrist compared with any ‘normal’ person.

23 Likes

Real question is if there’s a Dem who can either beat him if he’s still in office or win an open seat if he’s in jail…

1 Like

Beyond which lies only the purest artistry of the pun…

8 Likes

Oh, Fuck. You again.

6 Likes

“Still”, actually - I never left… :wink:

12 Likes

I did. Skipped country to get away from you and the damned puns!

7 Likes

“Citing the U.S. Constitution’s ‘Speech or Debate’ Clause, which protects legislative business from being used in criminal proceedings…”

So, the first Democratic lawmaker who gets ahold of Trump’s tax returns – or the unredacted Mueller Report – is free to read them publicly from the floor, or in a committee hearing, without fear of criminal prosecution.

Good to know!

22 Likes

He clearly wants a go at the regressive and oppressive, Mitch McDonald SCOTUS, to see if Justice Drinking Age lives up to the gross bodily function like which its acronym sounds. He’s definitely hoping for a verdict in the “whatever it takes to score one for the team,” jurisprudence.

3 Likes

Foreign how long?

12 Likes

Oh, FFS!

The moderators who overseas the TPM abroads should PUNish alien people who use bad puns here.

@playitagainrowlf

11 Likes

So you’re saying they should be - “alienated”?

(Let the record show, I didn’t start this one! :sunglasses: )

10 Likes

exported and exiled, for sure.

3 Likes

What dif-french would it make where the puns were posted?

9 Likes