Discussion: CO Supreme Court Rules GOP Rep. Shouldn't Be On Republican Primary Ballot

Death threats, yet? Calls for impeachment?

2 Likes

If you are going to cheat at least do it well.

8 Likes

Voter fraud!

23 Likes

So, they committed voter fraud?**

**The R version of voter fraud, that doesn’t recognize the distinction between voter fraud and voter registration fraud/errors.

21 Likes

Earlier this month, five Republican residents of El Paso County, CO filed a lawsuit against Colorado’s secretary of state alleging several signature-collectors for Lamborn didn’t actually reside in Colorado, despite being registered to vote there.

Where are the GOP Vote Fraud Watchdogs?!?

10 Likes

FFS, If you are too lazy, incompetent, or unpopular to get enough actual constituents to obtain well over the required number of signatures (1.5x the requirement is the barest minimum I’ve heard of) you have no business being on the ballot.

8 Likes

Oh look, the R’s found some voter fraud. In their own fu**ing party.

22 Likes

You beat me to it!

2 Likes

Hahaha.

1 Like

“A sitting congressman was just knocked off the ballot without a vote of the people.”

Well, isn’t that pre-primary signature petition exactly that, a vote of the people to determine who should get to be on the ballot?

#civicsfail

15 Likes

So what, if any, impact will this have on the likely outcome in November?

6 Likes

I’d say we should call Kobach but he seems to be tending to some serious
butthurt right now.

12 Likes

CO 5th has an RPI of R+14 (the most conservative in CO). Even if the incumbent is not on the ballot, there are 4 other R’s running. So, odds are that it will be a R hold. But, it sure is fun to see them eat themselves in the process.

7 Likes

and @george_spiggott , @daled , @thinski @teenlaqueefa

That line struck me, as well. Seems that while all the charges of “voter fraud!” keep coming from the GOP - so many of the actual cases (not that any of these have evidence of actually voting while not residing in Colorado) have been folks voting for the GOP.

It also strikes me that the court case was filed by republicans, challenging the legitimacy of a sitting GOP congressman. Must be some very interesting dynamics in the district. The phrase “knives out” comes to mind.

13 Likes

It’s unlikely that a “serious” candidate was recruited to run against this dude; it wasn’t an open seat. So I’m not so sure about those odds.

This is one of those cases where the Democratic Party had better have been working on a pickup in spite of the odds against one. They throw a lot of seats away because they aren’t ready to take advantage of turns of fortune and don’t have a good - or often any - candidate in place.

9 Likes

Without knowing anything else, it will go from a GOP defended seat to an open seat.

2 Likes

In a district mostly comprised Colorado Springs and its suburbs including Cimarron Hills and Fort Carson, no less, a district aptly described as Mega-church Capitol of the World.

Fun Fact: The only thing Lamborn’s political career will be remembered for will be his refined taste in art. Oh, and his unwavering defense —NOT! — of the First Amendment and Freedom of Expression.

5 Likes

That’s what I was thinking. Is there some Sharon Angle level crazy fucker this opens the door for which could seriously put this seat in play?

5 Likes

Wow…this whole democracy thing really DOESN’T work for Republicans does it? Whatever happened to STATE’S RIGHTS you jerks? You’ve been pretending THAT is a think forever…you whine you snivel you scoff at the law and call DEMOCRATS ‘snowflakes’?

2 Likes