Discussion: CO GOPers Introduce Bill That Threatens Striking Teachers With Jail Time

1 Like

I fascisti!

But boy, those high country fascists love them some small gubmint.

33 Likes

Why NOT add teachers to the enemies list?

22 Likes

Hmm, criminalize the behavior of people who are on the front line of influencing your children.

Clever.

30 Likes

“GOPers Introduce Bill That Threatens Striking Teachers With Jail Time.”

Today’s GOP: “Lock them up! Lock them up!”

30 Likes

Why so timid? Just legislate away the right to unionize, while you’re at it.

That works on so many levels.

22 Likes

Republicans always wanted a slave state. Where the corporate masters own the people. Work for the wages we pay you, or go to jail. Better yet… just die.

A group of black teachers need to do a press conference telling these white male politicians the Civil war ended 1.5 centuries ago…

10 Likes

And what are the chances this bill will pass? Probably slim to none but it gives the regressive s something to beat their chests about. Some Republicans are so far inside the bubble they can not see how bad this makes them look. Vote them all out in Nov.

12 Likes

‘Merica! Freedum!!

16 Likes

There they go again - the GOP proving what good friends they are of working women and men. Doesn’t it just warm the cockles of your heart?

First they starve public schools for funding so that teachers’ wages drop year by year in real $.

Then they make it illegal for teachers to complain about it.

A public seminar in shamelessness.

27 Likes

I’m glad no so-called “activist judges” might try to dictate the behavior in your childrens’ classrooms with the power of the gavel.

I think only Democrats have “activist judges” tho

3 Likes

The Republicants did that years and years ago.

7 Likes

Because how dare they strike for a living wage.

Do we know what the next step in evolution is? Any hope these Christofascists will self-select out of the gene pool?

Also, can we stop having just what the Repukes are doing? What was the reception of this bill? How likely is it to pass? What does the opposition say? What’s being done to support the striking teachers?

There must be some good news out there somewhere, there must be some positive stuff somebody is doing somewhere in politics and not just “Tweetstormer stepped on his dick again–good for us” stories.

5 Likes

Surprised it took them so long.

1 Like

Can we get an injunction against Republican legislators introducing stupid bills, and doing really stupid things?

10 Likes

Soon to be followed by GOPers introducing bill that threatens citizens registering as Democrats with jail time.

10 Likes

Freedom’s just another word for no rights left to use.

11 Likes

These moronic jerkoffs. They can spend time passing legislation to JAIL schoolteachers but not do a damn thing to HELP them and educate our country. The same with kids. DENIGRATE them and threaten them but BY GOD don’t keep them safe. Women? Screw 'em and make THEM pay. Some real charmers in this country of ours.

10 Likes

Not to nitpick, but the proper spelling is “freedumb”.

10 Likes

Uh, it’s worse than that, IMO. Correct me if I’m wrong, but striking is a form of speech. I’m quite certain we still have a Constitution and this is still a country governed by laws. That would make jailing someone for exercising their free speech by striking an unconstitutional act, as the first amendment makes it pretty clear we have a right to free speech. But then again, I’m one of those old fashioned Americans…the kind that still believes we have a Constitution that sets the standard for a country governed by laws.

11 Likes