Discussion: CNN: Some Comms In Explosive Dossier Verified By U.S. Intelligence Officials

You’re entirely right but worst for Trump Flynn’s phone calls committing treason wholesale in scale.

1 Like

I don’t like your tone so consider yourself ignored. I can answer that question btw.

Late: I am asking a question regarding “on behalf of”, I also note, it may be nothing. So check your reading skills and your defensiveness is showing.

1 Like

[quote=“serendpitoussomnambulist, post:157, topic:51260”]
We underestimate the Russians to our peril. Our constitution will soon be hanging by a thread and we are already witnessing the beginnings of unhinged tyranny.
[/quote]This is called hybrid warfare and the Russians have been practicing it for a while now. The original plan was that Hillary would win, and all the WikiLeaks stuff would be used to separate the left wing of the party from her, thus destroying or at least paralyzing her presidency. Now that Trump has won, even better. The desire is to cause chaos and undermine the alliances that govern The West, alliances that Russia simply can not ascribe to.

The Plot to Hack America: How Putin’s Cyberspies and WikiLeaks Tried to Steal the 2016 Election
by Malcolm Nance

If Vladimir Putin, the Russian intelligence apparatus, and its underground global hacking wings sought to destabilize the West, break up NATO, and re-establish the global order, they would need to lay out a strategic hybrid warfare plan.

Hybrid warfare is the new Russian model to harness the strength of all aspects of Russian intelligence, propaganda, cyber operations, and Kompromat to support battlefield preparations before ordering terrorism, special operations and full-scale military warfare.

He wrote the book before the election. It’s still a good read if you want to know how and why this is happening, and why it’s not over yet. This investigation does nothing to prevent the chaos America has descended into.

This story is not about the past, it’s very much about the future.

We think Trump is a joke, maybe he is, but the Russians are most definitely not fools. And they always have contingency plans. LUCKY-7 hit it’s target, and it’s not over yet. It might just be beginning.

4 Likes

We’re not in Kansas anymore, kids.

The Plot to Hack America: How Putin’s Cyberspies and WikiLeaks Tried to Steal the 2016 Election

With this election, Vladimir Putin, the former director of Russia’s intelligence agency, sees the election of Donald Trump as the fastest way to destabilize the United States and damage its economy, as well as fracture both the European Union and NATO. These events, which start with the election of Trump, would allow Russia to become the strongest of the world’s three superpowers and reorder the globe with a dominant Russia at the helm.

The election changed nothing, the election never ended the mission. They’re still engaged.

5 Likes

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2017/01/17/when-new-york-times-helped-trump-putting-brakes-russian-hacking-story/215027

3 Likes

I think Dick Cheyne has someone else’s heart, doesn’t he? There’s one lucky bastard. He should’ve been dead 30 years ago, but he recieved the best healthcare in the world!

@timbo, Right, I forgot this part. Not only did they fail to persue a story that was dropped in their laps, but they intentionally tamped down and possibility that the story, once it met the light of day, would receive adequate coverage.

When The New York Times Helped Trump By Putting The Brakes On The Russian Hacking Story
Acting as an almost unofficial time-out, and one that came with the Times’ seal of approval, the article helped put the media brakes on the unfolding Russian hacking story; the same Russian hacking story that has now morphed into a full-scale Trump scandal.

3 Likes

Don’t be sorry:
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2017/01/17/when-new-york-times-helped-trump-putting-brakes-russian-hacking-story/215027

1 Like

From which part of Russia do you hail?

seems that this actually was true… all that golden…

2 Likes

Could be Belarus or Eastern Ukraine too. The Boris brigades have a quota to meet.

1 Like

If it works the way it should, he probably would not be able to breathe. That would be the end of that. Perhaps there are a few leaks.

1 Like

Exactly. Re Basquet, I can come up with two possibilities, one is simply that he’s just incredibly naive, stupendously so, for someone in his position at perhaps the most esteemed journalistic institution in Western history. The other is, he’s really not that naive…

1 Like

And need to prove their fealty…

1 Like

You’d think the murder of a seeming American asset - shortly after Flynn’s call(s) - would’ve warranted some mention in our “paper of record:”

And before the bots cry “tabloid”, it was also picked up in the Telegraph, among others.

2 Likes

I know, a few went down. Steele is still gone citing concerns for “fatal retribution” from the Kremlin.

And the guy who “handled” for Humpty Dumpty?

There’s Something Very Weird Happening Inside Russia’s Cybersecurity World

The Moscow-based Novaya Gazeta newspaper cited sources as saying Mikhailov was arrested during a meeting with other FSB officers in Moscow, and was taken from the room with a sack over his head.

Buzzfeed has done some of the most courageous reporting on this story since the election and what do outlets like the Times say about them? They were excoriated by the media for publishing the Steele Dossier. It just completely sucks.

And this actually happened back in December, reports made it to us in January. But that means that Russians had the Steele Dossier before the media published the contents? The whole story just freaks me out.

4 Likes

Look. People are missing the point here. I have no doubt that if Trump went to Russia he hired hookers and if he hired hookers, the FSB has tape of whatever he did with him. But that’s just the Okhrana MVD NKVD KGB FSB being the FSB. They collect that kind of stuff compulsively. But it’s quite beside the point.

The point is that once you become a source or agent of a foreign intelligence service, the mere fact that you’ve done that is in itself all the blackmail material they need. I mean, it’s not like they’re going to get in trouble if they burn you, right? And if you’re stupid enough to ink that devil’s deal, it’s a stick that they’ll be subtly alluding to each time they give you your bag of carrots.

And it’s quite clear that Trump has been exchanging information about Russian oligarch investments in the US (in his own business?) with the FSB in return for intelligence on his real and imagined political enemies for years.

This is what sits in the White House. That’s what the intelligence agencies have finally woken up to. This is what they’ve apparently been testing, far too late, with what spy novelists call “a canary trap” and MI-6 calls “a barium test.” (Feeding suspected moles different versions of intelligence and seeing what happens). And it’s why they’re subjecting him to the death of a thousand leaks.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if some are thinking that. And I would also be surprised if there’s any consensus among them on what to do.

But the problem here is that Russia can burn Trump and the entire national security establishment at any time, throwing the whole nation into chaos with, in their view, relatively low risk to themselves. That’s the risk of leaving him place.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available