Discussion: CNN Reporter Acosta: Trump And His Team Are Not 'On The Same Planet'

1 Like

I take him at his word.

10 Likes

I pretty much knew this was going to happen back in February and right about this time, too. The reason being is that neither Rump nor anyone in Rump’s regime believe they owe the public a right to information. They take the position that the regime does what it does and it’s none of the public’s damn business.

Period.

At this point, the general media needs to stop playing the regime’s game and just not attend the Potemkim press briefings.

24 Likes

Trump’s tweets are meant to represent the truth about what Trump is thinking. Except when he’s being ironic. Or when he is kidding and they aren’t meant to be taken seriously. Unless the joke turns out to be something that was accidentally correct, then it wasn’t a joke and meant to be serious. Other than that they are meant to be taken literally. Except when they are not.

19 Likes

Jim Acosta, Man on Fire

A plus fastball and completely fed up. Bring the heat, Jimmy.

12 Likes

Nailed it.

[p.s.: the bankerpup family comes from 5 generations in Flatbush]

9 Likes

Wh apparently just announced a big on-camera press briefing this afternoon. Theories?

1. War
  2. “I am not a crook”
  3. GA6 plug
  4. New press secretary
  5. Trump killed the real OBL, not the fake one Obama claimed credit for
  6. Networks send their big guns, then nothing. “Made ya look, suckers!”
14 Likes

Trump is inviting Mueller for dinner.

Ok, here’s a wild guess, but not completely out of line: Jared is going back to New York to “tend to his real estate empire” or something similar.

2 Likes

They say “Impeach Me.

11 Likes

12 Likes

I’d say this is it. Opening of the Trump International Hotel in the old Post Office redux. The Trump regime has been the biggest bait and switch operation since WMDs in Iraq.

17 Likes

Maybe send interns (or apprentices?) instead of full-time reporters, but the media should still attend the WH press briefings - if only to document the increasing bizarreness, evasion, isolation, and self-delusion.

17 Likes

They live on a planet where there are nothing but white men as far as the eye can see and they dedicate their lives to saying nothing but nice things about the administration. So, y’know, a fucking fantasy world for boring, obsolete white men

5 Likes

No, I think they should show up and record the fact that the non presser is the abomination it is and to point out if necessary, like that one guy tweeted yesterday, that the Russian TV was allowed to record.

9 Likes

Some people will name Socrates or Twain or Swift when asked to think of a great ironist. But I always think of Donald J. Trump. A true master of the form.

2 Likes

The Senate secretly passed AHCA while everyone was paying attention to the twittler in chief.

7 Likes

And the occasional submissive white chick.

2 Likes

Seriously .
How are they tolerating the 19th century press briefings .
Only notepads and pencils
Green shades or porkpie hats required
http://images1.westword.com/imager/a-copy-desk-circa-1952/u/original/6512689/copy_editors_1952.jpg

3 Likes

I honestly don’t understand why Trump makes a big deal about whether or not he’s under investigation, but I do know he’s lawyered up (half-ass lawyers not withstanding).

1 Like

… not on the same planet? Try not in the same universe!

These whiplash comments would hurt my head, if I cared, but I don’t. This is all smokescreen. Bring on the hearings, subpoenas, indictments. I second savok’s comment, there are bigger fish to fry…

5 Likes