Discussion: CNN: Muller Probe Issues Subpoenas For Manafort's Spox And Former Lawyer

Manafort must be shocked that so many of his employees seem to be criminals. I bet he wonders what they were up to.

7 Likes

Just as a snake slowly circles a mouse as its next meal, Mueller is slowly moving towards Manafort. Manafort had better have his closet stocked with Depends as his anxiety is about to increase even more. Drip, drip, drip.

2 Likes

I think Hurricane Mueller is about to come ashore and swamp the Oval Trailer…

7 Likes

After the Lying Orange Shit-Stain pardons everyone involved, do we have any tools left to deal with him?

And the sad thing about it, is it’s long-term.
And will result in A Long Term.

7 Likes

Manafort and Kushner should take some time and decide what is worse, going to the Fed pen or the state pen because they are going down one way or another. Might be better to not take a pardon and stick with Club Fed. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

4 Likes

I’m diligently researching a Way Out for Kushner.
You wouldn’t believe what I’m finding.
We’ll see. We’ll see.

1 Like

From the forthcoming Manafort on Management
“Delegate your felonies wisely.”

1 Like

O that’s easy - any federal prison is preferable to any state joint.

3 Likes

Not to belabor a point, but when they are locked up they will Know Too Much. Safety is paramount.

2 Likes

Yeah well that part is going to be very interesting indeed.

4 Likes

State charges to be brought in NY by AG Schneiderman.

3 Likes

Ya lie down with dogs, and sometimes it’s “i’ve fallen, and it’s unlikely I’m gonna get up!”

1 Like

:laughing:

2 Likes

Subpoenaing the spokesperson will put Manafort into a perjury trap. I doubt the spokesperson would lie for Manafort. Paulie Walnuts is not that wealthy. He spends too much on his mistress, I hear. His daughter complained about it a lot in texts to friends.

Subpoenaing the lawyer is kind of a big deal. Renato Mariotti believes that Mueller would’ve sought guidance and approval from the DOJ before issuing a subpoena for the attorney. The attorney may be a witness to a crime or a target. The attorney, Melissa Laurenza, specializes in federal election campaign act and foreign agents registration act claims. The FECA claim is the real danger zone for Trump, because she’s likely helping his defense regarding the Jr email and all the RU contacts that happened around it. The FARA claim may be about pre-Trump efforts, but I wonder if Manafort, like Flynn, was an active lobbyist for Putin friendly interests while he was Trump’s campaign manager.

My hunch from reading this is that Mueller believes that Manafort is hiding evidence relating to Russia contacts during the campaign as well as other matters relating to his personal business dealings. But I think the real issue is the campaign itself. Mueller thinks the lawyer has been helping Manafort, actively or passively, hide information. He’s going after her to force the documents out into the open.

2 Likes

We actually have quite a few. The ballot box, state Attorney Generals, the public square (for shaming), the pocket book (for boycotting those who deserve shame), etc. We are not powerless and shouldn’t act like we are…

1 Like