Discussion: CNN: Jailed Immigrant Mother Says Child Was Taken During Breastfeeding

1 Like

Jesus wept.

While his so-called followers are busy chanting LOCK HER UP and BUILD THAT WALL and shouting racist epithets at the least among us.

I confess that I took our fragile democracy for granted. I no longer recognize my country. I’m sure that many Germans felt the same way at one point…

37 Likes

I hope the beast who took that child from its mother white feeding, burn in hell! This policy is illegal and it should be challenged in court!

11 Likes

I recall a Hungarian women talking about the Russians’ arrival in Hungary after chasing out the Germans.
She described a Russian soldier pulling a crying baby from the arms of its mother and shooting it in the head.
Goya couldn’t paint a more horrendous scene.
No ordinary policeman or soldier would take a job with ICE. He would resign on the spot.

I know a young man who served as a fwd artillery observer in Afghanistan for a year or so. He was a Lt.
He went back to TX, became a deputy sheriff, was first in his class, stayed 6 mos and quit. Could not stand the culture.

ICE is just short of the threshold for atrocities.

24 Likes

Brought to you by the people who frown on birth control and favor forced birth.

21 Likes

Perhaps we should be reporting on this in a manner that is more sensitive to the way the GOP/alt-right white nationalists view it…you know, by stopping this errant use of the word “children” and using something that is closer to how they truly perceive it, like “pups” or “litters” or “cubs”…maybe even “larvae”? Gotta be fair and balanced, you know…

4 Likes

Incipient Einsatzgruppen testing the limits of the envelope.

5 Likes

Children ripp’d out of their Mother’s Womb, and thrown to the Dogs, or dash’d against the Stones; crying, Nits will become Lice, destroy Root and Branch: with a thousand other Barbarities, too tedious as well as too dreadful to repeat, beside what has been transacted abroad.

See here for the full context:
https://quoteinvestigator.com/2016/02/11/nits/

3 Likes

We all can be assured Don the Con’s White “evangelical” followers are fine with the regime’s intentional anti-family cruelty like stripping a breastfeeding mother of her infant child.

These people are truly twisted.

11 Likes

I can hear them now:

“What sort of degenerate puts a filthy ladypart like that into the mouth of a baby?! Clearly, these animals are not fit to be trusted with innocent children. No wonder they handcuffed the pervert!”

ETA @ghost: We need a ballot initiative to repeal Poe’s Law.

11 Likes

That is an atrocity.

19 Likes

I listened to this this morning on my walk.
https://www.npr.org/podcasts/381444253/pri-the-takeaway

What Happens to Young Children Torn From Their Parents?

This is not about the process, this is what happens to the brain of young child separated from it’s parents. So how long until the US is sued for child abuse?

17 Likes

The bar continues to go lower. In animal shelters pups stay with their moms until they are weaned. Absolutely disgraceful to do this to a mother and child.

14 Likes

and @susanintheoc - I said elsewhere today that I do know that the Human Rights Initiative and the ACLU are on this and I also know it won’t be long before suits start getting filed.

So there is that. That’s all I have too.

11 Likes

If only that were not true…

The people who do this … how can they live with themselves?

20 Likes

I wonder if we could send the kids care packages through the Red Cross, since the Dixie Pixie and L’Orangaid seem to think it’s OK to hold kids in jail?

10 Likes

It’s an idea. I don’t really know but it’s worth exploring I guess.

1 Like

Auschwitz Texas concentration camp

6 Likes

They’re sociopaths. Just like the SS.

11 Likes

So much for pro-life and family values.

10 Likes