Discussion: CNN Announces Criteria For Next GOP Presidential Debate

Discussion for article #243061

“CNN’s Dana Bash and conservative talk radio host Hugh Hewitt are scheduled to host the event, with Wolf Blitzer moderating.”

Godamighty!

15 Likes

Journalism has died

9 Likes

But wait, there’s MORE!!

There will be a special BONUS BOX, somewhere in the First Four states, and if a candidate lands on the Box, he or she will get a special GOLD SEAT center-stage at the debate, regardless of their poll position!

15 Likes

And just you wait. They’ll still complain. Incoming RWNJ hissy-fit in 3…2…1

7 Likes

Has any of them said anything new or of value?

4 Likes

CNN Announces Criteria For Next GOP Presidential Debate

Candidates must:
• Be breathing (mouth-breathers A-OK).
• Be in a lather over nothing. (ISIS In Terra Haute?)
• Know where New England is (Sorry Dr Nutbag!).
• Have a 10% chance-or-less of winning (We’re gonna need more podiums).

jw1

10 Likes

Will there be a large swastika above the podiums now? These people have gone over the deep end, that party is a bad, bad joke now.

6 Likes

The good news is the more they are catered to the worse (for them) the debates get.

They either end up letting their freak flag fly to get attention or give canned, preplanned statements unrelated to anything being asked.

8 Likes

http://www.guns.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/berger-mays31.jpg

I’ll never think of Oxy-Clean the same way again.

jw1

10 Likes

Good point.

My problem with Democratic-leaning voters has never been with reasoning ability, it has always been Distraction and lack of focus-on-the-prize (which, obviously in this case, is the halting of the Republican agenda).

The more these Republicans are exposed (even to people who learn about them second or third hand), the better for the Nation.

2 Likes

CNN Announces Criteria For Next GOP Presidential Debate

So you’re telling me that beyond being a bat-shit crazy hater there are actual measurable requirements for getting on that stage?

Get out of here…!

6 Likes

Usually the “but wait, there’s more” is followed by a two-for-one deal. I’d much rather a one-for-two.

Why is CNN unwilling to vote anyone off the island? 3.5%, at this stage? What’s the statistical reasoning behind that? How low did Mitt, John, or George go when they had their mini-tanks. If they just want to gin up the ratings, kick some folks off and make it really controversial!

{edited for grammar, punctuation, sigh}

2 Likes

Liked the post…and the avatar!!!

1 Like

3.5% is a very strange threshold. I wonder who they’re pandering to; who would have been kicked off the stage by a strait 4% standard.

Even a threshold of 4% is sad. If you can’t get 10% of the people in your own party at this point, why waste everybody’s time?

3 Likes

“CNN’s Dana Bash and conservative talk radio host Hugh Hewitt are scheduled to host the event, with Wolf Blitzer moderating.”

What. A. Fucking. Joke.

2 Likes

My guess–being an optimist–is that they are trying to keep the two 'grown-ups; Bush and Kasich on the stage. Looks like Carly might drop back to the under-card.

Before, I would have said they were protecting her, but I think she has turned out to be too mean.

3 Likes

Beginning with Hewitt, it seems they’re tiptoeing up to their dream team of moderators which would also include Limbo, Hannity and Levin.

6 Likes

Yeah, here’s their criteria for the candidates: “You tell me.”

Definitely an unholy trinity, that group.

1 Like