Discussion: Clinton: Sanders Doesn't Really Have A Foreign Policy Network Advising Him

Discussion for article #245677

When Henry Kissinger´s your mentor, I wouldn´t go there.

10 Likes

And it shows clearly.

1 Like

Not to dis Hillary, but Bernie is a Senator. He has access to all sorts of intelligence briefings and analysis. And he’s been getting that information for quite a while.

8 Likes

Unfucking believable, the most facile, superficial Chuck Todd false equivalence … ever [edit: okay, I exaggerated, only so far this week (which just started)]! In 2008, Senator Obama had cogent, thoughtful and well-articulated foreign policy positions. During 7 years in office, he’s persistently carried them out. 2016 Sanders knows next to nothing compared to 2008 Obama. Even worse, he doesn’t care enough to learn.

9 Likes

The bounce and reverberation of innuendo.
But with pictures!

Care to actually point out the foreign policy failures of the Sec Clinton State Department?
(Benghazi anyone? Bueller?)
Or just joyous and superficial innuendo-- and pictures!

jw1

7 Likes

And yet, the man he cited as his foreign policy adviser…has spoken with Bernie only once.

Bernie is not on the intelligent committee, the armed services committee the homeland security committee or the foreign affairs committee. He is not on any committee that receives those sort of briefings. He only receives what the Senate at large receives on this subject matter.

And while Bernie is a Senator, Hillary was a Senator, too. One that sat on the Armed Services Committee,and the Committee on Security and Cooperation in Europe. Oh…and she was also freaking Secretary of State for 4 years.

8 Likes

So you’re saying that Hillary has nothing to learn from Kissinger and her association with him necessarily guarantees that his inherent “evil” will infect her?

Perhaps, then, loath as we may be to admit it, Kissinger’s legacy is one that we would be wise to continue to engage with and learn from as we chart a course forward in uncertain times.

Kissinger continues to be a controversial and perhaps divisive figure whose Nobel Peace Prize continues to wrankle a lot of people years later.

5 Likes

Great link.
Ah yes, Kissinger - The good die young by the millions.

2 Likes

Really?

Cause given your perchance for going with what every innuendo you can manufacture to distract from your candidates weaknesses, I didn’t think there was anyplace you wouldn’t go.

I mean, how dare Hillary be polite to an ex SoS!! The gall of that woman, amirite?? She should have borrowed one of Bernie’s guns and shot him in the head so he could be like James Brady.

2 Likes

Yet. That’s exactly what you did.

jw1

3 Likes

Nope.

I think even Bernie would concede his focus has always been on domestic economic policy. This is not a bad thing unless events in the next 10 months cause voters to focus on world affairs.

I think the one glaring error or lost opportunity in the last debate was Bernie accepting the moderator’s “correction” re Bernie’s initial answer to the question of which nation presented the biggest challenge. Bernie initially said “ISIS” and then pivoted to North Korea when the moderator emphasized which “nation.”

Bernie could have demonstrated his knowledge of a world changed by the Internet to underline that ISIS thinks they have a caliphate, which like a nation has its own governing rules and its own means of brutally overcoming recognized nations. This is what the non nation AlQaida does also. So the moderator’s premise, the assumption that foreign challenges come only from recognized nations is wrong.

3 Likes

I guess that picture is akin to what Republicans must think when they see a picture of Christie hugging President Obama. Not sure that means he’s in love with the man, or even respects him on any level to be honest.

2 Likes

Please. Equating the levels of experience on foreign policy of our two candidates is the biggest stretch of any aspect at play.

Yet you tried.
By doing so you did ‘dis’ HRC.
Not my word BTW.

jw1

1 Like

I´m assuming that you didn´t read the article linked to in my comment, jw1. In it she says ¨I relied on his counsel.¨ And while Benghazi itself is a bullshit story, it´s clear that our intervention in Libya led to a fucked-up outcome. We (the US and allies) made a mistake, but I make no claim as to exactly what we should have done.

2 Likes

Read the linked article, SR. It´s not the photo that´s important; she says, among other things, ¨that I relied on his counsel¨.

3 Likes

Which is what one diplomat tells another regardless of personal feelings. Somehow I think Hillary has enough sense to avoid Nixonization.

5 Likes

Read the article. Honduras, 2009.

You know, if you actually read the article before going off, I´d be happy to talk to you :wink: