Discussion: Clinton Maintains Lead Over Trump In National Tracking Poll

Johnson is a fraud. Not enough is being written about his strange ideas, and many Bernie supporters, most idiots, will vote for him.

5 Likes

I assume that Clinton will devote attention to him soon, possibly by ads in battleground states.

Maybe Clinton should want Johnson in the debates.

1 Like

AND YET…All I have seen so far this morning on MSNBC, CNN and Headline News is: “New CNN poll shows dead heat in national race. Trump hold a 2 point advantage in latest CNN poll (*among ‘Likely Voters’). Trump leads among Independents by 20 points. Republican are much more energized than Democrats…blah, blah, blah.”

Suddenly a fucking CNN poll becomes some great oracle of polls. Nothing concerning battleground states. Nothing about electoral totals. Just wholesale spin in Trump’s favor. Even MSNBC hasn’t mention their own damned poll. Arggghhh! ____ All for the ‘horse race’ and the revenues the MSM wants so desperately. It’s maddening and misleading and very predictable.

7 Likes

Actually, Clinton is leading by two in CNN poll- but I understand your concern. **Everyone knows that CNN is full of shit.

1 Like

You’re correct. The poll shows Trump leading Clinton by 2 points among “Likely Voters”! That in itself is frightening ‘click bait’ and also misleading. And your assessment of CNN is too kind. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Johnson (and Stein) will start to fade away once the debates start. It’s what happens in nearly every election cycle. They both serve as essentially “i dont like either candidate, but plan to vote” category. Once voters get passed their grumbling about both candidates they realize its still American and its still just a binary decision, and they get behind one of the major candidates appropriately.

2 Likes

Who gives a crap about the national polls two months out? As long as the internal polling of the HRC campaign correctly identifies where they need to focus resources, all will be good. In the meantime, screw the national poll clickbait, and focus on the the issues sane voters care about, like:

1. Donnie’s tax returns,
  2. Malaria’s immigration status,
  3. Florida Pay-To-Play,
  4. Trump University,
  5. Trump models,
  6. The Trump Foundation,
  7. Trump’s lying surrogates,
  8. etc. etc. etc.
6 Likes

The Melania’s Visa problem is particularly striking here.

Normally, I’m all for leaving a candidate’s family out of the fray,
but when your chief campaign issue is immigration,
and the best evidence suggests that you married a woman who entered the U.S. illegally,

(on 9 August, DT was forced to say
"She has got it so documented, so she’s going to have a
little news conference over the next couple of weeks" in hopes
of stalling…it worked…4 weeks later the press seems to have forgotten the promise)

then that is a legitimate issue…well, it should be a legitimate issue…

2 Likes

Just turned on CNN and saw TRUMP-CLINTON IN DEAD HEAT ACCORDING TO NEW CNN POLL

The poll has them at 56 to 40 as to who is better suited to be Commander in Chief. Now, the last time I checked 56 to 40 was a 16 point spread, NOT a “dead heat”
C’mon CNN, your deep desire for a horse race is making you look silly.
edit
just checked realclearpolitics.com and 538 and Hillary is still ahead. RCP has a spread of 3.3 points. 538 says a 72% likelihood that she will win.

2 Likes

Hillary Clinton coughed once? How come nobody told me this before? This has to translate into…what…like a 30 point boost in the next wave of polls for Trump? Thanks for posting this. I had no idea an actual human being was running for President. Does she pee too? Probably not. That would just be too out there.

2 Likes

Ahhhh, CNN/ORC, the swinginest poll conducted by the newsies. The poll that saw the Big McCain Comeback in 2008. The poll that called 2012 tied right before Election Day.

It’s not that it’s a fake poll. It’s that dramatic swings are baked into the methodology (698 Likely Voters), the better to generate breathless headlines.

3 Likes

Trump has a brain fart…film at 11:00

2 Likes
  1. Donnie’s tax returns,
  2. Malaria’s immigration status,
  3. Florida Pay-To-Play,
  4. Trump University,
  5. Trump models,
  6. The Trump Foundation,
  7. Trump’s lying surrogates,
  8. etc. etc. etc.

That’s a nice list. Too bad there doesn’t appear to be any notable Democrats outside of the campaign (besides Liz Warren) who seem inclined to pick up the cudgel on Clinton’s behalf with any fire or consistency.

I’m still not convinced that the Democratic Party as an organization has realized that the media will never do its job. If the Dems think they don’t have to put in the effort themselves to make their case to the public because the media is going to do it, they’ll be watching Trump take the oath of office next January.

3 Likes

Yep, the silence from the DNC / Dem Leadership is almost as deafening as the silence coming from the so-called “liberal media”.

1 Like

Looks to me like CNN this morning is trump fawning central. They are really talking him up.
Sad
edit
I don’t really care about Pence’s taxes…I’d like to see a summary of trump’s return. And an audit is no excuse.

1 Like

the silence from the DNC / Dem Leadership

This is why I wanted DWS out over a year ago, and why I wasn’t thrilled with Clinton’s selection of Kaine. Kaine and DWS were in charge of the DNC for two of the worst midterm performances in Democratic Party history. They’re not strategic communicators—from the standpoint of retail politics, they’re unimaginative hacks. Now Kaine is obviously a good guy and as qualified to be President as any recent Veep choice, but I question whether he has added anything to the ticket.

A competent DNC would have already put into place a coordinated messaging campaign on Clinton’s behalf carried out by leading Dems in Congress on a consistent, coordinated basis, with a cohesive, simple, and forceful language, which would garner the right kind of media attention if done correctly. Instead, what we’ve seen so far is what we always see from Democrats: random, isolated statements of support by random Dems who pop up when Clinton visits their state.

2 Likes

Go to www.electoral-vote.com for a reality check.

1 Like

Well, backing Schlafly really ought to boost HO with the ladies and he just got through securing the Mexican vote with his fantabulouso wall ideas. And he’s up to like 6 or 7 blacks now-one or two I think that are actually scandal free even.
So, demographically speaking, HO is right there, on the cusp, teetering on domination, on the verge of being on the verge.
Lunging-lurching-surging, HO is a veritable rolling dumpster fire, I tells ya. He’s like the newest Hot Wheel-designed for white kids only!

Yeah, the polls have got this one right, HO is making all the right moves and has all the right stuff.
And yet…I puke!

1 Like