Discussion: Clinton Condemns Arson Of Black Miss. Church: This 'Should Not Be Normal'

Have the magnetic poles shifted lately, because all of the sudden, this country seems to be rocketing backwards?

1 Like

Haven’t been commenting because I’ve been too angry and disgusted. Paul Krugman took the words right out of my mouth. The GOP is an irredeemably fascist entity. Full stop.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/videos/2016-11-03/krugman-u-s-perilously-close-to-being-a-failed-state

5 Likes

“Clinton referenced the blaze as she was speaking about loving your neighbor and treating people with respect.”

“No, you’re the racist!”

2 Likes

So how does an FBI riddled with Trump partisans investigate a hate crime apparently committed by their political colleagues?

3 Likes

Signs of things to come? We should certainly be concerned that such acts could become the new norm should Fuhrer Drumpf be elected.

3 Likes

This is what Republican intellectual Avik Roy said a few months ago.

In reality, the gravitational center of the Republican Party is white nationalism.”

Republican voters are driven more by white resentment than by a principled commitment to the free market and individual liberty.

“It’s the power of wishful thinking. None of us want to accept that opposition to civil rights is the legacy that we’ve inherited,” Roy says. That conservatism has become, and has been for some time, much more about white identity politics than it has been about conservative political philosophy.

The Republican Party, and the conservative movement that propped it up, is doomed.

Both are too wedded to the politics of white nationalism to change how they act, but that just isn’t a winning formula in a nation that’s increasingly black and brown. Either the Republican Party will eat itself or a new party will rise and overtake its voting share.
“I don’t think the Republican Party and the conservative movement are capable of reforming themselves in an incremental and gradual way,” he said. “There’s going to be a disruption.”

http://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/12256510/republican-party-trump-avik-roy

3 Likes

Hate to say it, but it may become the norm if Hillary is elected too.