Discussion: Cleveland Police Demand Apology For Browns Player's Tamir Rice Protest

Its all good. Everyone deserves a chance to type their fill.

So now the Cleveland Police (as per the union rep) are against the concept of Justice? Curiouser and curiouser.

1 Like

Na!..it’s called intimidation. They’re not only bullies, but a strange collectives of ethnically challenged sociopaths. You know what else? Police claim of “resisting arrest” is a sick prelude to snuffing the life out of people they’re arresting - I have no doubt, my survival instinct will kick in biologically after been brought down with a choke-hold and my head squashed into concrete. The world these MoFo’ rule is very scary

1 Like

“They should stick to what they know best on the field.”

Translation: Them nigras need to know their place.

1 Like

“The Cleveland Police protect and serve the Browns stadium and the Browns organization owes us an apology.”

Wait. What?!? Are they seriously trying to claim that because the job of the police is to “protect and serve”, then that means no one can criticize them?

1 Like

This whole “broken window” or “small crimes lead to big crimes” was totally aimed at non-white populations in major cities. Now it has spread to neighboring towns and the smaller forces can’t hide the outrageous injustice. Police Union leadership, instead of whining about their attempts to apply justice by death, should be raging for better training and more funding for that training. Getting more money in cops pockets is NOT the only duty they have and protecting the cop “brand” is not going to bring needed change. These cop leaders took an oath also, which is why they are in the police union in the first place - you don’t get to be a union boss without working the job. FACT: white people get different treatment from uniformed cops and detectives than non-whites. Mr. Police Union Leader - get in front of this and lead; don’t turn your brand of “policing” into bullying.

1 Like

This is an incredible story, I had never known that Peter Norman was involved in the protest, or of the horrible treatment he received in Australia for basically the rest of his life. Thank you for posting this.

“It’s pretty pathetic when athletes think they know the law”

It’s even more pathetic when cops kill unarmed people who are not in anyway engaged in crime in any manner and that this “police” union thinks it is acceptable and legal to do so. Much less the ignorance and arrogance they display by arrogating that others don’t know the law.

6 Likes

DUNK-DUNK!

“So I told that ni(CLANG!) it was illegal to play that music and you know what he said to me? He said he was a law studemt! Can you imagine? I didn’t think they could read? Joe? Are you listenin’?”

“Hey, is that the HOT light at the KrispyKreme?”

OMG! U’ve brought the cult of “apology” to a crest of reasoning, that police state advocate fear. Men! I was laughing so hard, my stomach hurts - Cheney and the niceties of darkness!

Apparently Cleveland cops are against justice. Go figure.

1 Like

If you’re interested, here’s a better story on Norman that the NY Times ran during the Sydney Olympics in 2000. (Couldn’t find it earlier.)

Of all people to be placed in that situation…when you look at his background and beliefs, it almost had to be him.

2 Likes

I don’t think they are going to be able to shut the protest down but that sure what they were trying to do.

Yeah, supposedly they were afraid he was reaching for it.

An apology? Seriously? Tell them to go pound sand.

1 Like

Cleveland PO Union president is probably still mad at Tommy Smith and John Carlos. Muhammad Ali, Arthur Ashe and other pro athletes who take their citizenship seriously.

The Brown’s stadium is owned by the Cleveland City Council making it a public space and therefore 1st Amendment protection applies here. On the other hand, he was there as an employee of the Cleveland Browns who have every right to set certain limits on what their workforce can display publicly when out and about during their work hours. Given how the NFL tightly manages it’s marketing and branding image (or tries to anyway) and then passes those guidelines on down to its member organizations one could probably make an assumption that at some level, the Cleveland Browns were aware of the t-shirt and made no attempt to dissuade him from wearing it. It then falls onto the public space protections of the Constitution. There’s nothing about the content of the shirt that would fall outside of 1st Amendment protection. He was presenting his opinion, in a public forum, which he is entitled to do in America.

The head of the CPD’s union should really be embarrassed to make a statement that he wished athletes would stick to sports and not delve into the law, when he clearly has so little understanding of it himself. The best response would of been that Rice is entitled to his opinion, the CPD FOP has already released a statement on both shootings and he would not be adding anything to that at this time and the real crime here was how Johnny Manziel played in his first game.

1 Like

I saw an interview with Follmer last night on All IN. He was even more tone-deaf and defensive than his statement let on. He admitted athletes have First Amendment rights and opinions, but still refused to back off demanding an apology from the Browns. He acted as if CPD volunteers to provide security at Browns games, instead of officers being paid for working.

The worse part was him saying that people just need to obey the police and let the courts decide who’s right later on.

1 Like

Cops have their hands out for an apology and all they’re going to get is a handfull of “Fuck Off”.

Seems we as a nation need to raise the standard IQ requirements for police. They don’t appear to be the smartest people who we allow to carry lethal weapons.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available