Discussion: CIA Director Heads To Turkey As Trump Says He's Unsatisfied With Saudi Explanation

Can’t help the Saudi’s cook up a good story until your top dog knows what the evidence is. Or… until you put your intelligence screws to Erdogan to help cough “clarify” the evidence.

3 Likes

If they wish to keep the means by which they obtained their evidence secret, why would Turkey tell or show Haspel anything they haven’t already said publicly? The way Trump and this administration leak, they may as well cut out the middle woman and publish a “how to” on the internet.

3 Likes

Sure. She’s going to go and pretend to find something and then say what Kushner and Trump tell her to say. Please. What a waste of taxpayer money.

4 Likes

The question “What will he do in a real crisis?” is pretty much answered. His childish ideas about what presidents do (“I have no time for TV, because I’m reading documents all day”) suggest to him that in a crisis you make someone get on a plane. Then your emissary and the furriner fix it somehow, in a way Trump couldn’t imagine, because the ways of responsible, competent adults are opaque to him.

9 Likes

Yup, the Saudi’s need a refresher course on plausible deniability for their black ops clandestine torture operations.

Gina can help them with that.

5 Likes

I’m sure they hoped they would have a lot more plausible deniability when this plan was first hatched. I mean, if you’re going so far as to set up a decoy body double, it means they expected to be able to get away with it. They were going to just shrug their shoulders, oh well, the man walked out of here, we don’t know what happened to him after that.

Unfortunately they didn’t take the idea that he might bring his fiancée with him into account. Oooops.

6 Likes

And those damned Apple watches and iPhones (or pick your brand) keep getting in the way of them silently going away, it gets all recorded.

Or worse heard. All I could do when I first read about this was think about his fiancée. A possibility she was outside, heard everything through his devices and could do nothing.

6 Likes

This is all such BS. Erdogan pretending it’s ‘murder’ but not blaming MSB…Trump ‘considering’ the evidence, the Saudi foreign minister with his big sads and not Haspel flying off to Turkey to get to the bottom of it all…They will get away with it and his supporters will move on to the NEXT outrage. If the Dems try and figure it out they will be pointed to and laughed at until THEY decide to fight a DIFFERENT fight. This is the country we have become. Meanwhile Donnie is preparing us for war and we have no more allies left. It is not a good day.

2 Likes

The head of the CIA (whoever it happens to be) is owed a lot of favors in places like Ankara. If Haspel were being sent there to obtain evidence, she’d obtain it, one way or another.

So … what are the odds that she’s being sent there for that purpose?

1 Like

I have questions about the fiancé (not directed at you). Why did she stay outside the whole time? Why didn’t she go in to see what was going on? Did she call the police? Maybe these have been answered, I haven’t read everything but would appreciate y’all sharing information. Thanks.

1 Like

It appears that she did exactly what he had asked her to do: stay outside and call the authorities if need be.

By the way, she’s Turkish.

6 Likes

Thanks.

2 Likes

CIA Director Gina Haspel left the U.S. for Turkey

Since we weren’t given an explanation of why, are we to assume that she’s just taken a new job?

1 Like

Bloody Gina is only going to Turkey to check the Sawdi’s work.

2 Likes

Low. They want this problem to go away, and finding the body parts will add fuel to the fire.

1 Like

Maybe she just wants to compare her notes on torture with the Saudis. She could probably give them some useful tips.

1 Like

What? Did they turn him down for a loan?

1 Like

I suspect the Sauds won’t be very open to taking advice from a woman.

2 Likes