Discussion: Christie Says 'Now Is Not The Right Time' To Be Trump's Chief Of Staff

Now is not the right time to work for Trump? When he’s being named an unindicted co-conspirator, I guess not. A lot of people seem to feel the same.

1 Like

Nah - Mitch pitched a fit and told Trump : No More Poaching (GOP senators for Admin jobs.) That Trump is honoring this is a small sign that trump is starting to understand how tenuous his hold on power is - and that despite his statements in the Chuck n Nancy squabble - that he knows they barely have a maj. in the senate.

3 Likes

It’s never the right time Chris, never. Remember what donnie himself said…

2 Likes

I’ve wondered about that? Why not Meadows? Unless fearful of Meadows’ political ambitions?

2 Likes

He may soon regret that.

2 Likes

The Trump press conference where he announces Gingrich will make the infamous one where Christie has an existential crisis behind Trump look like a model of dignity in comparison. By the end of it Trump’s mouth will be in full pucker as he mockingly slurs out “Newwwwwwwwt” in the middle of announcing him (if not all out insults: “your mother named you that?”, etc)

2 Likes

Remember though that it was Javanka who put him up the first time. Javanka are involved at this point since they both are in legal peril and want to make sure that the COS is loyal to them, not just “daddy” would would sell out Jarred for a plug nickel.

Its a total shit show, no one who is competent wants the job, let alone could/would work with Trump, none of Trump’s rapidly shrinking band of loosers is impossible.

I bet Bossie gets it, but nothing surprises me after Whitaker…

2 Likes

Reminds me of an episode of “Night Court” where John Laroquette’s ribald lawyer experiences a moment of ‘intimacy problems’, and the running gag is each of his male colleagues try giving him words of support, but the moment he asks if it ever happened to them, he can’t finish the question before they yell out, “HELL NO! OF COURSE NOT!”

If Christie ever took the CoS prospect seriously, that’s what I imagine every member of his family and colleagues yelled at him if he asked if taking the gig was a good idea. (On a related note, notice where Christie mentioned “now is not the right time for me or my family to undertake this serious assignment.”? Uh, his family’s not going to be hanging around the West Wing helping him do Chief of Staff duties. No, that’s political talk for, “my ass is so divorced and my family is so gone if I try putting them through this shitshow.”)

2 Likes

No nothing much surprises me about his hires anymore either. At this point I will be somewhat surprised if they have a chance to fill the position before the whole thing blows up.

2 Likes

As demented as he is behaving lately, it could be for ANY reason.
I have given up trying to have rational answers for the actions of this administration.

Don’t you think he is too far gone for that kind of reflection. I mean, he was seriously considering Christie?

2 Likes

So many have trolled trump. From the GOP too (snicker)…

2 Likes

He should have gone to Jared!

1 Like

I think that Trump only goes to the ones he knows, i.e. Christie for dog’s sake. Whereas Meadows he doesn’t know. He may like him and his support but he doesn’t know him.

Christie is a brash, bullying jerk, but he’s not stupid. He’s not about to jump into what is clearly a losing enterprise now. Besides, after being humiliated, then snubbed, by Trump two years ago, he probably relishes the opportunity to flip the table on the orange goon.

2 Likes

I actually hope he is enjoying it. I can’t stand him but he does have a little schadenfreude coming.

2 Likes

Did Chris and Don get into a tussle over the last piece of extra crispy at the bottom of the KFC bucket?

As god is my witness, I thought tuna could fly.

4 Likes

This was TPM article on the subject of Meadows.
It could be as you said, he prefers whom he knows specially as he feels cornered.

1 Like

:laughing:

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available