Discussion: Christie Says 'Now Is Not The Right Time' To Be Trump's Chief Of Staff

The humiliations just keep on coming. To be turned down by Christie who in 2016 / 17 gave up all semblance of dignity in hope of a cabinet position, says it all.

6 Likes

♫
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will turn you down
Sail on orange Cheeto
Sail

♫

9 Likes

Or my Brit dad’s favorite:

FÚves au four sur du pain grillé

5 Likes

It’s the bagnole that would get them really excited. ETA: But ground fenĂȘtre would actually be a great dish for Trump.

5 Likes

I want to be Caliph instead of the Caliph.

4 Likes

Heh. I was walking along a fairly downmarket row of shops in Tours once and saw a sign that translated as “Michael the plumbing ace” and had to chuckle. I don’t know how we got the idea that everything about the language and culture was very refined and cultured. It’s pretty down to earth for the most part IMHO.

3 Likes

I’d wish him bon appetit.

2 Likes

You know as dumb a shit as Christie is, he really ought to rub Donald’s face in all this shit for what he said about Christy in the campaign and because he probably knows a lot more of the shit Donald did than we do at this point.

1 Like

Also, when I was a very young lad, in Toronto, in winter, riding in my dad’s '38 Buick Century, I have actually had this experience

3 Likes

Though it didn’t work out for Michael Jordan, ‘45’ could use Jordan’s GM tenure as an example for Kushner to say yes.

Either that or he could get Ivanka to pressure her hubby.

2 Likes

This should be entered into the National Portrait Gallery.

5 Likes

It’s the same kind of thing that makes it sound to me so much more romantic, less dumpy and aged, to be called “Senora” which I am in Taos (as well as italy, though spelled signora) as opposed to Ma’am, which is what I’m called here.

3 Likes

I am betting Dude didn’t go to the WH to turn down the job.

Something he saw/heard while there changed his mind.

He already knows delusional donnie, and dishonest donnie. But something made him tuck his tail and run. Trump’s current meltdown must be epic to behold up close.

5 Likes

Oh for the long gone days of la ragazza.

2 Likes

He’s not even a Cheney VP, he’s just some schmuck who takes up space. He does nothing

2 Likes

Scott Baio will do it if they change the job title to Charles-in-Charge of Staff.

3 Likes

The Aprentice; COS edition!

4 Likes

So who is still in the running? Newt, Conseco, Jared. and some “young” wh staffer who ran the personnel hiring division that specialized in partying and doing no due diligence on job candidates beyond looking cursorily at social media to make sure the person didn’t previously diss Trump?

7 Likes

At this point to end the embarrassment, I think some special interest group will offer up a sweetheart deal (to be cashed in later) to whomever takes the job.
Kelly being the asshole that he is, must walk by the oval smirking anytime one of these “no thank you” leaks.

2 Likes
15 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available