Discussion: Christie Says 'Now Is Not The Right Time' To Be Trump's Chief Of Staff

Not surprised at all. Christie wanted to get back some relevance, after Trump stole his balls. What better way than to be floated as chief of staff, then turn down Trump. Small thing to get back a small amount of his dignity (sorry, the balls are long gone).

What we are seeing at this point with Trump is that people in his orbit are only out for themselves, and if they can pick up some press, prominence off of dogging Trump, all is fair. Trump is deflating rapidly, and there is much less risk in sticking a shiv in his back. Trump has so many enemies at this point, and so much risk of jail, that he can now be crossed.

Christie may be crooked, and self centered, but his is not dumb. That is more than can be said about 99% of the people in Trump’s administration at this point.

18 Likes

Mitch Romney is next ? Would give him some experience for 2020…

3 Likes

There’s also a possibility as an orange baby blimp model,

7 Likes

:joy: :joy:

2 Likes

“Christie Says ‘Now Is Not The Right Time’ To Be Trump’s Chief…”

As G-d is my witness, I read that as “Chef”.

25 Likes

hahahahahahahahahahahaha An honest mistake.

6 Likes

Using that old saying

Christie wants to be the person, who replaces the person, who replaces John Kelly.

Now, I never saw Kelly as Warner Wolf or Christie as Glenn Brenner, but let’s see how this story ends.

3 Likes

Trump’s food taster.

8 Likes

wow, what a relief. lol
I almost thought this clown show was going to step it up a notch and give us some real entertainment.
At least I would have been laughing more than crying waiting for the trump mob to finally be
INDICTED and removed from the world’s stage.
Keep squeezing Mueller and lets see what "pops’ next.

2 Likes

This one was choice. Well done.

10 Likes

It’s quite simple. Nobody wants to go to jail. That’s part of the job. Kelley might get away, but he will have his time with Trump around his neck forever. His children’s children will be explaining it in forty years.

7 Likes

"It is with a very heavy heart that I must decline … "

7 Likes

this thread is probably going to kill me hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

8 Likes

Hot Beef Sundaes and Loaded Tater-Tots on a stick are his specialty.

9 Likes

There’s no way Christie could have wanted this job. No. Freaking. Way.

This saga is giving a whole new dimension to the term COS-play…

15 Likes

Another pre-declination of Phony Soprano.

3 Likes

Another chef’s kiss. Oh, and the bubbly’s in the fridge!

8 Likes

Superbly topped off with an elegant dish of Statins à la Mode.

9 Likes

Here’s your order, Donald, honey.

14 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available