Discussion: Christie Reportedly Told Gov. Cuomo To Tell Port Authority Exec To 'F--k Off'

Discussion for article #244872

3 Likes
"I told Cuomo to tell Pat Foye to fuck off," Christie allegedly said while recounting the conversation to his staff.

Charming.

4 Likes

“I told Cuomo to tell Pat Foye to fuck off,” Christie allegedly said while recounting the conversation to his staff.

Christie’s campaign didn’t immediately return TPM’s request for comment.

Update:
Governor Christie’s response: “That doesn’t sound like me. Now, please go tell the author of that book to fuck off.”

17 Likes

How shockingly out of character for the professional bully.

5 Likes

Yeah, like why is this news?

4 Likes

TPM:

“I told Cuomo to tell Pat Foye to fuck off,” Christie allegedly said while recounting the conversation to his staff.

Somehow, for some inexplicable reason, I’m reminded of Malcolm Tucker:

"Hey, foetus boy, lesson one - I tell you to fuck off, what do you do?

“Eff off?”

"You’ll go far. Now fuck off.

1 Like

Let’s see: President Christie calls Vladimir Putin in the middle of a crisis between NATO and Russia and tells him to “Fuck Off!” Yeah, now that’s diplomacy for you. Yeah, . . . very presidential.

4 Likes

“I told Cuomo to tell Pat Foye to fuck off,”

Too polite, of course, to do that himself.

4 Likes

And he’s among the “reasonable moderates” in the GOP contest.

9 Likes

Charming, huh?

Christie is exactly the type of asshole parent who gets himself banned from Little League practices and games for bullying the kids. Thanks New Jersey! You’ve done it again!

11 Likes

NJ sure knows how to pick its governors.

Is there lead in NJ’s water?

8 Likes

Christie is a natural born liar.

4 Likes

With his sweet temperament, I find this hard to believe. :wink:

1 Like

We sure know how to pick our governors named Christie — there was also the previous Christie (Todd Whitman), a wealthy person, who reportedly said, when speaking about a tax cut or rebate of some kind, “I guess $500 is a lot of money for some people.”

I didn’t vote for either one of them.

6 Likes

I wonder how much Governor Cuomo knows about Bridgegate as it pertains to Christie’s involvement. Might be worth a look see.

1 Like

In Chris Christie’s defense, the “fuck off” message does not necessarily indicate he had knowledge of the true reason for the bridge closure… he just speaks to everybody that way.

1 Like

Well, we all know Gov Christie has a penchant for “colorful language”, so this is probably just his way of saying “thanks!” to the executive director for testifying so truthfully and completely. I’m sure the Gov really appreciated the director’s candor and made sure he shined some right back at Mr. Foye!

It’s all in the phrasing. If he barked “fuck off” in terse, staccato-like syllables with heavy emphasis on “fuck”, it would indicate displeasure. If it was a more of a rolling, elongated enunciation, with the accent on “off”, then it was certainly a warm, friendly, Jersey way of signalling “job well done!”

Let’s give Gov Christie the benefit of the doubt, folks! He’s just trying to squeeze all the juice out of the orange (which is the new black, after all) while he’s doing his best for all the good people of New Joisey.

2 Likes

I predict jail time for Christie.