Discussion: Charges Dropped Against Reporter Who Tried To Ask Tom Price A Question

1 Like

“I am shocked that I was arrested in the first place…"

Yeah, no way anyone could have seen that coming.
2 Likes

"We don’t go into journalism to be popular. It is our job to seek the truth and put constant pressure on our leaders until we get answers." — Helen Thomas

19 Likes

“…a West Virginia journalist who was arrested after trying to ask Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price questions…”

Assault with a deadly question?

That reporter’s lucky to be alive after perpetrating such a vicious attack.

Where will all this journalistic violence end?

32 Likes

Two arrests centering around Cabinet Secretaries. The protestor who laughed during Sessions confirmation hearings, and this journalist for asking questions of Price.

Am I forgetting all those arrests surrounding previous cabinet secretaries? Or is this the most entitled bunch: the crooked crony cabinet?

18 Likes

I hope he brings a civil rights lawsuit against the PD, prosecutor and anyone else involved in the charging process.

11 Likes

Boy, that was quick.

Judge be like “[slaps away DOJ punch] Get that weak-ass shit outta here!”

5 Likes

Why does KAC have a Secret Service detail?

15 Likes

[quote=“irasdad, post:4, topic:61792”]
Assault with a deadly question?

That reporter’s lucky to be alive after perpetrating such a vicious attack.

Where will all this journalistic violence end?
[/quote]It was, after all, a 2-part question. The reporter is just lucky he didn’t call out his prepared follow-up question. Now that would have been grounds for the use of excessive force and even more serious criminal charges.

8 Likes

The entire cabinet will be arrested and tried for sedition after the purge trials.

2 Likes

The Secret Service are usually better then this.

Thank doG Heyman didn’t laugh at him otherwise he could be looking at some serious time, possibly Gitmo.

Price showed little concern about the arrest …

… or anything else for that matter, especially trivial stuff like, say, healthcare.

14 Likes

They arrested him for a crime called “willful disruption of government processes.”

They need to step back and let Mr. Mueller figure out who is really doing that.

11 Likes

Except for the part where people’s lives are at stake, the punch lines write themselves.

3 Likes

Holy shit! You mean it’s not a crime to ask a public official a question? Wait till Putin hears about this!

7 Likes

Since Trump’s election, not so much.

1 Like

Why does KAC have a Secret Service detail?

To protect the public from her?

8 Likes

The Price is wrong.

3 Likes

I didn’t think they could make that Suborning Stupidity count stick.
The journo had no priors on the offense.
He was just assigned to the GOP.

1 Like

That’s a fucking infuriating story. Good on her friends for ridiculing the Secret Service for their stupid and invasive questions.

2 Likes