Discussion: Cease-Fire In Southern Syria Goes Into Effect

In Syria the conservative government kills their own people with poison chemicals. In the United States conservatives prefer to neglect untreated disease, hunger, and small arms. Although it is nothing new, it is still hard to imagine why nations declare war on their little people citizens for fun and profit. It’s a conservative thing. I will never understand.

Edit addition: Armed priest in a Corvette goes bananas. Nothing we would want to distract our attention away from a lovely proxy war. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40547137

1 Like

A case could be made that what happened in Flint, Michigan was a conservative government killing their own people with poison chemicals.

4 Likes

"Large swaths of the city have been reduced to rubble by government artillery and Russian air power."

This is how Russia is ‘protecting’ Syria, by reducing their cities to rubble.
I guess this makes sense, at least as much as the whole war in general.

Measuring accomplishments against the damage done is basically an impossibility.
If Russia, Iran and the US stayed out or strictly limited their involvement, would the situation be any worse?

With such disparate goals, there really is no singular solution that fits all.
Tyrants are the problem and they are either stripped of their power or they continue their tyranny, this is what they do.

In America, we have our own tin pot clown to deal with while the world turns, as if we needed more problems and confusion.

1 Like

This will last only as long as Trump gets back to Washington and has to give Putin the bad news that Ryan and McConnell won’t budge on the Russian sanctions even a little bit with a Midterm election coming up.

Curses! Foiled again by a NYC hood. Putin really wasted his time nurturing this American traitor.

Putin and Trump: our next Nobel Peace Prize winners!

If the cease-fire is something Donnie was responsible for, it will likely go bankrupt within a week or so.

2 Likes

This could possibly be the first true and positive thing Trump has accomplished since the election. A cease-fire is the first step to peace. Even a blind pig can find an acorn every once in a while. Congratulations lil Donnie.

Any cease-fire agreement that leaves Assad in power is a failure of US foreign policy.

2 Likes

I’m glad to hear of a cease fire, too bad it cost us our democracy.

1 Like

It’s southern Syria – this agreement is pretty much to assist pro-Assad forces.

1 Like

“There’s still a lot of anxiety,” said Ahmad al-Masalmeh. “We’ve entered the cease-fire but there are no mechanisms to enforce it.

So, basically, this will last as long as Putin wants it to last. And donnie will boast about it like he’s saved the world. All bullshit optics.

1 Like

it is still hard to imagine why nations declare war on their little
people citizens for fun and profit. It’s a conservative thing. I will
never understand.

You answered yourself right then an there.

1 Like