Discussion: CBS Host To Tony Perkins: You're The Leader Of 'Anti-Gay Hate Group' (VIDEO)

Discussion for article #235685

7 Likes

Mickelson suggested that if this happens, members of Congress should try to “remove” the Supreme Court’s “jurisdiction” over the marriage issue and “nullify” its decision, sending the message to the justices that “if you try it again we will impeach your sorry keisters.” Perkins heartily agreed: “I think you’re absolutely right.”

6 Likes

I swear, Perkins doesn’t want to legalize homosexuality, much less gay marriage, because to do so takes away the frisson he gets when fantasizing about hooking up at that Atlanta airport bathroom with other ¨men of faith.¨

14 Likes

Dictionary definition of delusional = Tony Perkins

Dictionary definition of bigot = Tony Perkins

Dictionary definition of flim flam artist = Tony Perkins

Dictionary definition of not job = Tony Perkins

Tony Perkins just asks send me $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

13 Likes

“Equally Divided” Perkins? Mmm. No. I mean maybe through the rose colored glasses of the hate group people YOU hang with. But confederate christian ignorance about the reality of the world around them is well documented, and this is but more evidence. That’s all.

11 Likes

“The court is not going to settle this issue. In fact, I think it does a disservice to both sides if the court weighs in on public policy like this,” he said. "The courts are decided to interpret the constitution and the constitutionality of laws, not create public policy.

Prohibiting law-abiding, consenting gay adults from getting married is a violation of equal protection under the laws, and therefore, unconstitutional. If, by making such a finding, the Supreme Court creates public policy, that is well within their power. That’s precisely what the Supreme Court did, for example, in Loving v. VA (law prohibiting interracial marriages held to be unconstitutional).

14 Likes

Ah yes. The ooooold Wide Stance Trick.

6 Likes

About time a journalist starting calling these douchebags out.

30 Likes

Bob Schieffer didn’t refer to the FRC as a hate group. He merely pointed out that it had been classified as a hate group by the SPLC. A classification with which I wholeheartedly agree, by the way.

28 Likes

Well if you are saying that what a bunch of Constitutional Lawyers think trumps the spirtiual wishes of our faith-based community, that’s simply elitist! Why do you think Obama only barely was able to pass stimulus and save the economy, almost lost the 2012 election, almost couldn’t get Health Care passed, and just barely saved GM, was only able to save Health Care by only one slim vote on the Supreme Court, and came close to missing Bin Laden altogether? Why does he have that sad legacy of near failure? Christ, he even had the government shut down, and it was all he could do to somehow get out of that one!!

I mean, why does one near-failure follow right after the other, pretty much with this guy??

Elitism, says I!

12 Likes

That is because deep down, they want to go after the sodomy decision. It all comes down to the “ick” factor with them. They are oki-doki with Catholic pedophile priests and free-wheeling, death-bed adultery (go Newt!).

6 Likes

If the christianists didn’t have gay marriage as a polarizing issue they’d come up with something else. Because, as fundamentalists, the boundaries they draw between themselves and the rest of society are how they define their clan

30 Likes

more about Tony Perkins

2 Likes

He cannot admit that he’s on the losing side, nowhere near equal. The man has always been a liar.

3 Likes

DRIVEL at it’s finest.

1 Like

Overreach’s post was sarcastic.

10 Likes

fundamentally altering the culture

Heavens to Betsy, this line of argument is getting pretty long in the tooth unless Tony’s crediting gay marriage for the digital revolution. These ‘people’ will soon be screaming for protected status, like Shakers without hand-crafted furniture, and will demand enclaves where their cultural oddities can be protected and preserved far from the madding crowd…

5 Likes

50 years ago, this bigot would utter the same BS about the Loving v. Virginia case.

16 Likes

Perkins tried to suggest that there is a difference between “public policy” and the “interpretation of laws.” There is NO difference.

13 Likes