Exactly. Carson was an inspired, malicious choice to implement Trump’s do-nothing policy. He’s a complete grifter and a hopeless buffoon. The fact that he’s black is a bonus because he validates Trump’s view of African Americans as lazy and incompetent. He’s perfect for this job.
Tripling the rates on public housing would benefit Kushner quite nicely I assume
The fact that he’s Black is the ONLY reason he got the position. Rump genuinely doesn’t think anyone who isn’t Black gets any benefit from the agency. Therefore, it has to be dismantled. That’s why Carson was put in this role. To dismantle what he sees as wasted money.
Rump isn’t the only one who sees some Blacks as lazy and incompetent. Carson (along with the likes of Candace Owens) sees himself as above all other Blacks who need to rely on the services of HUD. As far as those scum are concerned, get rid of HUD and Blacks will magically be successful and find good housing. Because - sure, why not? It’s HUD that’s holding Blacks back in what passes for their minds.
Yes!
They would, a dressing store dummy will raise the IQ of Cabinet meetings.
Ya know, normally I would be angry about a lazy cabinet member. In this case, it’s better that way.
Trump: Small government requires no work. Its “Executive Time” all the time.
Let’s face it, the less this egomaniacal religious maniac is involved in day-to-day operations of HUD, the better.
Because THAT’S how you hold people accountable right Ben? TRIPLE their rent so they can’t afford to FEED their families but BY GOD AND BY TRUMP they won’t be getting anything for FREE from those greedy grasping grifter of the 1%. Despicable POS.
Only the best slackers!
In all fairness 60 years old does not seem an unusual retirement age for a neurosurgeon. This may be the only decision he’s made that i could support him on. No “condition” other than normal aging is required to reduce the manual dexterity required for that field.
As part of President Donald Trump’s budget, Carson has also requested an 18 percent cut of his own agency, tripling rent on public housing units and cutting funding from desperately needed public housing repairs.
This is the real story. Recklessly gutting services.
Trump needn’t look any further to replace Pence.
Good point. I was thinking he’d retired like in his 50s. Still seems like he just completely quit. Did he do any teaching after? And maybe he’s just a quiet person, but he seems very simple as if he’s got some kind of issues to me.
I hear he huddles with Jesus as well–memorialized in oil.
Lazy poors don’t know the meaning of a work ethic, that’s why they are poor.
If you have a sinecure in this administration, you have ‘work/life balance’.
Tee-hee. I see what you did there!
(That last line is so deliciously - even if unintendedly - Trumpesque! You might have added “because I went to very good schools and I barhop with only the best people” to make it pitch-perfect)
Seriously I hate to let you down but I’m just saying they don’t say that in a crowd but I’ll bet they do say it. Wasn’t trying to echo Trump consciously but he’s gotten into our heads, I guess.
I took your point - not let down that the Trump hit wasn’t intentional…
You always make me think, even when the thought is off-the-wall!
My mother lived in HUD-subsidized housing for a number of years. Most of the residents were either too old or debilitated to work and I expect that is the case nationwide. I guess we could just throw them out on the streets because they can’t afford to live anywhere else and they can’t work. This in a rural area in a very red state so brown people living in urban areas aren’t going to be the only ones impacted by the Repukes’ cruelties.