Discussion: Buttigieg Supporters Drown Out Hecklers Screaming About Sodom And Gomorrah

The supporters drowning out what looks like one lonely Bible-thumper suggests there are more real Americans in Real America than either camp suspected. Nice to see, at any rate.

22 Likes

The insurance literalists will invoke the Act of God clause and deny coverage. As good capitalists they know premiums are used for investment and dividends, not to pay policy claims.

15 Likes

I believe heā€™s the most biblical president ever.

That was what got me. I wanted to discount him a bit as simply being well spoken and having his act together. I am not much on glib as the sole factor in my judgement. But his responses were both well thought out and functional. When he was describing his win in South Bend, that sort of amazed me.

18 Likes

Fucking Harvard and Rhodes scholarsā€¦

17 Likes

I thought that might be a potential. I am dusting off 30 years back when I was in the business. I could never quite get that there were some acts of god that would be covered and some not. Isnā€™t a storm an act of god?

Well, I didnā€™t think Bernie could beat Trump but he might have. Given the hatred for Hilary the Repubs had fostered for decades, culminating in Bengazhi, and coupled with her dismal debate performance and arrogance (ā€œdeplorables,ā€ you bet), she couldnā€™t have beaten anyone, it seems to me.

Buttigieg has no such history. Here we have someone the Repubs only have a short time to tarnish. Letā€™s try to picture him debating Trump. Now that would be something.

8 Likes

His discussion of his coming out experience was particularly impressive, I thought. Although part of me wants to see Trump and Bernie get in an epic debate screaming match, Pete would simply devastate him calmly and utterly. For the record, Iā€™m not a Bernie supporter and pray to god all of these reports that his fans will stay home on voting day if heā€™s not the candidate are greatly exaggerated.

14 Likes

If you mean a president that most closely fits the biblical descriptions of the ā€œfalse prophetā€ in Revelations that leads gullible Christians astray - then I have to agree with youā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9 Likes

Heā€™s very impressive. The interview was enlightening and groundbreaking, IMHO. She went there on the ā€œwhen and why did you come outā€ question, and his responses were excellent.

8 Likes

ikr? Just who do they think they are, being all smart and everything?

10 Likes

But I do have to despair that the women so far are more ignored than ever. And we all know if Pete was Patricia, she would not be surging like this. Warren has the best policies of anyone. Honestly I feel like we will elect a drag queen before weā€™ll elect a woman in this country (not that thereā€™s anything wrong with that)

10 Likes

So Buttigieg would be running against the assholes that protest funerals because ā€œGod hates fagsā€, and yell at your kids from the street corners of every major city.

I know who Iā€™m supporting.

13 Likes

Westboro Baptists?

2 Likes

Rachael Maddow interviewed him a few days ago, and portions of that show are on YouTube (perhaps her showā€™s website will have the entire interview)

2 Likes

Biblical literalists are going to be the death of our nation. It is really hard to argue with invincible ignorance.

6 Likes

Sounds like the Trump Crime Family.

I was thinking the same but read this article yesterday that explains some of it. https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/4/16/18309367/pete-buttigieg-democrat-media-2020-trump?fbclid=IwAR1AgMoOzz1G-vFBOKS3Ugr3kHbckA92dYa0dklL9RHC4uWEDqVZRXv72kw

5 Likes

As a New Yorker Trump was never known to be a rancid homophobe.Yes he ditched his fixer Roy Cohn on his deathbed. BIgot, misogynist sure.
Chances are heā€™s outsourced the gay hate to the folks who revel in it, Pence and the evangelicals.

4 Likes

My understanding of the Biblical time line is sketchy at points. But it seems more like they are hailing Trump as the harbinger. They want things to go to the final conclusion as they see it. Some of the moves in Israel seem pointed that way. It makes no sense in terms of what the evangelical groups are doing in terms of support otherwise in my mind. A portion of this country are like a cargo cult. Bachman may be right in her view, they want their antichrist in place so prophecy occurs.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available