Discussion: Bush Tells Trump It's 'Weak' To 'Disparage' Women, Hispanics (VIDEO)

Discussion for article #246005

As Bush spoke, Trump said he does not disparage women and never called McCain a “loser.”

“He’s a war hero because he was captured,” Trump replied dismissively. “I like people that weren’t captured, OK?”

Since this is South Carolina, I think a Southern saying is in order. Bless their little hearts.

6 Likes

Only saw the last half or so of this school yard squabble. It is hard to believe any of theses lightweights are even in consideration and it is even more amazing that the “journalists” do not call them on their absolute poor behavior with even poorer remembering of facts

2 Likes

With Christie out of the way and Rubio effectively neutered, I guess Jeb feels it’s time to go after Trump. I’m not watching the debate, but it sounds like he’s holding his own better than in the past.

I was born when Harry Truman was president so I’ve seen a few presidents come and go in my lifetime. But I never thought I’d see the day that America would produce such garbage as the current crop of GOP candidates. Whatever happened to proper decorum and statesmanship? Perhaps I’m just getting old and cynical, but is this really the best that America can do? And if it is, may God help us.

5 Likes

Yes, I am about the same age and am also appalled. How did we ever sink this low? How can this pack of rude imbeciles actually be running for the highest office in the land? Is there even a shred of hope left for our democratic system with baboons like these getting actual votes?

And yet, on many conservative sites, people are getting energized by this circus, as if it’s just another reality show and they’re voting for American Idol instead of leader of the free world. Some days it fills me with despair.

4 Likes

The operative word being “little.”

1 Like

It’s not the best that America can do, but it sure appears to the best that modern Republicans can do.

1 Like

No, it’s not, cf. the spirited but informative debate last Thursday on PBS.

Now we know: if you neuter a Bush, it takes 7 months for him to regenerate a teeny, tiny pair.