Discussion: Burwell Confirmed As New Health Secretary

Discussion for article #223567

Ha! That’s awesome and hilarious. Remember when Republicans said they were going to hold up her nomination over Obamacare? Yeah, that worked out well.

8 Likes

I was thinking the same thing. I’m sure we’ll see “The Bergdahl trade was to kill press on this!”

At least I hope we will.

1 Like

April 11, 2014:

Sylvia Mathews Burwell Pick Complicates Democrats’ Plans

Senate Democrats planned to spend the spring ramping up their election-year message on income inequality — not relitigating Obamacare. Change of plans. Republicans hope to turn Sylvia Mathews Burwell’s nomination to run the Department of Health and Human Services — announced by President Barack Obama on Friday — into a proxy war over Obamacare (Kim and Everett, 4/11).

Yeah. That worked out well.

4 Likes

There’s another appointment.

And there is nothing, absolutely NOTHING that you can do about it.

it was a 78-17 vote - an overwhelming majority - and it seems that there were not any substantive / material “shortcomings” identified in her capabilities - no true objection to her appointment on the basis of merit -

• but there were 17 votes of “no” - - with out a doubt, if you were to find one of these individuals who voted “no” - and asked them why they voted “no” on this nomination - they would dance around and bluster - but would have nothing genuine to say other than that they plan to oppose anything and everything that Obama is for / requests/ supports … and this is the proof positive that this hard core right wing group of senators have become noting but zero integrity Koch whores who have totally sold out to the shrill right and have abdicated their responsibility to use their own brains.
1 Like

Or vice-versa.