Discussion: Broke, Busted And Disgusted: A Fuller Picture Of Manafort’s Financial Perils As He Joined Trump Camp

Perfectly stated. Bears repeating.

7 Likes

He owns two thirds of the company and his brother owns another slice.

7 Likes

This again raised the question of why Manafort has not cut a deal? How is he paying his lawyers?

He is willingly facing financial ruin for himself and his family and to what end?

He has to have been promised a pardon. Not hoping, but promised. What other explanation is there?

3 Likes

Novichok.

Him or his family.

Accidents happen.

2 Likes

his tax bill would be around a half millions dollars

When this item originally surfaced, I was under the distinct impression that Manafort’s tax bill had increased by $500k, not that the total owed was $500k.

Can anyone clarify what Manafort owed on his 2014 taxes?

1 Like
A Fuller Picture Of Manafort’s Financial Perils As He Joined Trump Camp

I initially read that as “Manafort’s Financial Penis.”

2 Likes

FTFY

4 Likes

And there’s no better example of what you describe than the Republican attitude towards Liz Warren’s CFPB.

15 Likes

Manafort didn’t break his stride when he found out he was going bankrupt. Now he’s not blinking as he faces legal obliteration.

I suspect some kind of psychological denial is at play here, beyond whatever hopes-based-on-reason he may entertain.

Or, maybe he’s looking forward to some personal time. He’s done everything else, now it’s his turn to get ripped and maybe write a book in prison.

6 Likes

Warren’s “I believe in markets right down to my toes” is a uniquely powerful message because it exposes the lack of belief on the right in real markets, which only exist if there are ethics.

9 Likes

I suggest this song be used for this part of Manafort’s career in a future jukebox musical about his life.

2 Likes

And even if the shitgibbon pardons Manafort, the government will still have what remains of his assets due to forfeiture.

4 Likes

A pardon wouldn’t nullify any forfeiture?

1 Like

Calk would never get a job in the Trump administration; it does appear, according to one email shown at trial, that he at least scored tickets to the inauguration.

The inauguration that desperately needed attendees? Tickets to that were a “score”? Oh dear….Calk got the short end of this deal, for sure. First chuckle of the day. Wonderful, and thorough piece, Ms. Sneed!

9 Likes

Maybe I’m wrong, but I thought the people who live in Trump Tower are having difficulties selling their properties. At least it was said so last year, NOBODY wants to live there now, I mean would YOU want to live in a building that had Russian oligarchs commanding entire FLOORS?

5 Likes

That was my point.

Oh I thought you meant something else. Do you ‘know’ how much apartments in the Trump Tower have depreciated in value just because ‘his’ name is attached?

3 Likes

3 antique rugs.

3 Likes

Another fantastic synthesis by Tierney Sneed! Excellent focus and perspective. When each of you has the space to really compose, that wonderful TPM quality becomes incontestable. Subscribe ye all! Looking forward to Tierney’s book, and Caitlyn, and Allegra, everybody … by the way, has anybody looked into who’s making Manafort’s loan payments? Talley Ho!

6 Likes

STUPID. IF he was HARD up for cash, why volunteer for the TRump campaign? Fake news!

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available