Discussion: BREAKING: Supreme Court Halts Obama's Sweeping Climate Change Plan

Discussion for article #245781

The French have a word for this: assholes.

23 Likes

How many judges ruled on this decision? Was this one of those instances that just took one judge to but a hold on the lower court ruling? If so this article is very short on onfo and long on its headline!

“Constitutional” Conservatives will surely speak out about the judicial tyranny of nine unelected lawyers because of this action. Right?

33 Likes

The main reason to vote vote vote and in those states with the draconian voter ID laws, get your papers in order

26 Likes

OK, guys: do we need to go over AGAIN just why we need to have a Democrat in the WH? Really? Do we need to have the argument as to just how high the stakes are in this election? Angels of mercy, save us all.

48 Likes

A fuller explanation. It’s a temporary stay, but doesn’t look good for the future

7 Likes

Troglodyte Morons.

6 Likes

SCROTUS strikes again!

1 Like

Just choke. Literally and figuratively.

5 Likes

le assholes

FIFY… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Legal fiddling while Rome burns. Bravo, all. Your descendants will thank you.

15 Likes

I’m so done with this country and the world at large. No way I’m bring another life into this world just so they can deal with our mess. (not that I even could, thanks student loans). I’ll just enjoy the ride for as long as I can and hope for a quick death once the shit hits the fan.

5 Likes

Even after all this f*ckery, coal is still dying a slow death and America still has a glut of oil and gas. That hasn’t changed.

EDIT TO ADD: None of those 27 mostly Rethug led states are getting any more jobs out of this than would otherwise be coming.

15 Likes

More reason why controlling the White House and regaining the Senate is imperative – it’s all about the Supreme Court.

22 Likes

This is how elections have fuckin’ consequences.

22 Likes

Iustitia Corrupta

1 Like

Worst Supreme Court Ever.

10 Likes

Incorrect–I keep getting told over and over again by supposed “progressives” that losing the White House (and therefore possibly the Supreme Court for probably another 40 years) is AOK as long as it happens as part of a quixotic attempt at a “political revolution”.

(facepalm)

14 Likes

Won’t mean much because the Republicans will control congress for a very long time. You’re dreaming if you think you will see any near term Supreme Court retirees replaced by anyone less conservative than Kennedy. The Democrats need to learn how to win elections other than the presidency. I’m not hopeful.

4 Likes