Discussion: Biden Says Hillary Clinton Is 'New' To The Fight Against Income Inequality

Discussion for article #244562

I think Biden needs to shut the fuck up. He isn’t helping

4 Likes

Thanks Joe … really … good lord what is with this guy and cameras? Is it some form of political tourettes that he’ll just blurt out whatever the hell comes into his head?

1 Like

Well… I figure that’s another way for Joe to utter “I regret it every day.”

6 Likes

The Clintons follow the political tides. Pres. Clinton clearly did, and so will Ms. Clinton.

1 Like

The headline is misleading and sensationalizes a passing moment in the Clinton campaign.This should have been the unsensational headline

"It’s relatively new for Hillary to talk about that, “But I think she’s come forward with some really thoughtful approaches to deal with the issue,” he added

15 Likes

Thank you, LGB, the second sentence qualifies the first. Joe B has a long and strong relationship with H and my read of the interview was one in praise of Bernie, whom Joe also has a long and strong relationship.

7 Likes

Because he’s wrong? Or just saying things that are inconvenient to the candidate?

The distinction is important.

6 Likes

I regret everyday too

1 Like

I don’t think it’s churlish to point out that she might have focused on this issue somewhat earlier in her political career.

9 Likes

“But I think she’s come forward with some really thoughtful approaches to deal with the issue,” he added.

Biden was complimenting both candidates, not slamming one in favor of the other.
I also feel that this was his way of quietly implying that Clinton’s approaches are perhaps more realistic.

9 Likes

Oh, Joe …

Considering that her first job many decades ago was fighting for women’s rights, I’d say this isn’t quite true.

5 Likes

[Assuming Hillary is really a “latecomer”] Sometimes, “latecomers” do well. In fact, sometimes latecomers do better than earlycomers.

When, in Karate Kid Part II, Sato (finally mollified) said to Miyagi, “Your student become my teacher.” he was in a position to do a great deal of good. He also was in a position to continue doing it.

As is Hillary.

The only people for whom Biden’s utterances would be a problem in this matter would be those whose impressions on the same (or any other) matter are fanned negatively by FOX, Talk Radio or worse.

2 Likes

Biden does need to shut up - remember Anita Hill, Joe??? Leave Hillary alone!

1 Like

Bernie is a one-note pony show. Hillary on the other hand, has come out strongly on gun control, women’s issues and income inequality as well as immigration. She cannot be touched on women’s issues and a lot of us are fed up to the max with how our rights have been taken from us piece by piece.

We need Hillary in the Oval Office.

5 Likes

I realize my experience is anecdotal but I hear a lot more professions of admiration for Biden and Obama and active dislike of Hillary in my extended family and friends of varying age ranges, economic status and residency in several states. Some are saying they will vote Sanders - but I think most in the end will vote for Hillary. However – take the example of my niece who currently is a senior at Case Western in Cleveland. She went to a Hillary rally there a little while ago all primed to jump on the Clinton bandwagon – even talked about volunteering – and left the rally very underwhelmed and disappointed. This is a 21 year old full of energy and political passion and a feminist – naturally inclined to be a Clinton voter but she is having reservations. From what I heard, this reaction was common among her peers after attending the rally. I don’t think the problem is Clinton’s policy. The lack of enthusiasm is a based on perception – a hectoring style and perceived insincerity. This is why my daughter and her peer group, who also will be voting for the first time, love Sanders – he is honest and they are hungry for that. Hell – its probably why Trump supporters love him – they actually believe he’s honest (even if in reality they are being duped.) So I am not completely confident that Hillary is a shoe-in. I understand why you get defensive when Biden’s offhanded remarks can be used as a political cudgel against her. But the problem is not really Biden – his comment was qualified and relatively benign. The problem lies with Hillary the candidate and the undeniable fact that a hell of a lot of people – and not just conservatives – just do not like her.

7 Likes

Biden is new to the discussion about income inequality. Hillary has not stressed it, she is a multi issue candidate, and Sanders no doubt has an impact on her on this issue. As a long time and firm Hillary supporter, I think Sanders deserves credit for keeping income inequality alive as an issue.

Hillary’s positions are more nuanced, wider ranging and more complex. One example of this is her life work on behalf of children and women. Both issues touch the core of income inequality.

6 Likes

I lean towards Hillary but this is simply a statement of fact, nothing to object to here.

Bill From PA

4 Likes

…and the media loves him for it. Nice man, but never won a presidential primary after a few attempts, & appears green-eyed @ Hillary achieving something that has eluded him. Some of his statements are def mean spirited as well as lacking basis in fact.

1 Like